1. This forum is in read-only mode.

N64 emulator problem.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nebalicious, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebalicious

Nebalicious Member

I downloaded Project 64 for a N64 emulator and everytime i start the rom the screen is black and wont do anything. And yes the rom is perfectly fine and it works great just not the emulator.

2. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

What's the game, have you check the video options..

3. Nebalicious

Nebalicious Member

Its Pokemon Stadium. Ive been messing with the graphics settings for a while now. cant find anything to work.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you using the latest versions of the emulators?

5. Nebalicious

Nebalicious Member

Yes.

EDIT: Wait, scratch that. Im using the one that dosen't need a donation. Project 64 1.6

6. rchuncleskeleton

rchuncleskeleton Well-Known Member

it should work fine, did you download the updated rdb file? if not get it here http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/updates/ just extract that into your pj64 directory and try it, if that doesn't work go to options and click settings then make sure you're using jabo's 1.6 plugins for graphics, sound and input. in the same window click on the options tab and uncheck hide advanced settings then click ok and go back to options and settings, you will now have several other tabs. click on advanced and make sure start emulation whn rom is opened is checked. If you're still having problems post a video on youtube and link it here if you can or get some screen shots of all your settings menus and post them.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Unless it's from here-how'd you know the rom is "perfect".

Also if the rom DB fails (I never needed one on my 1.6) what were your pc specs?

8. Nebalicious

Nebalicious Member

Because the rom IS from here xD
    Post Merge: [time]1250563110[/time]
    Yep just needed the newest update! Thanks guys!
    Post Merge: [time]1250562409[/time]
    Okay sorry to break it but the rom fromm here DOSENT work.

9. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Try Project 64 1.7 or 1964 and see if it works, but keep in mind there are still lot of 64 games that have issues no matter the emulator.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

He tried that I believe-latest update.

This game does work, not perfect but it does.

WHat version of the rom are you using-there is more than one inside the 7zip file.

11. MadmanNero

From what I read he is/was using 1.6 as he mentioned "the one that dosen't need a donation" but you can find 1.7 if you know where to look. ;)

12. Nebalicious

Nebalicious Member

A guy up there gave me the link to 1.7 and ive tried every rom file in the 7z.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...running out of ideas...

Since I yet to see-what is your OS?

And your graphic specs?

(worth a shot-it helped a few people)

14. MadmanNero

Along with sharing your system specs, have you had problems running any other games?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.