1. This forum is in read-only mode.

n64 emu for ds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jakeoster, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakeoster

jakeoster New Member

Im i able to have a n64 emulator for a ds, i've been looking but nothing shows up.

2. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

There will never be a N64 Emulator for the DS. The DS is as powerfull as a N64, but to emulate something, you need more than double power.

3. zero_mz

zero_mz Member

But im looking foward if there are any n64 games porting to the ds...its up to the guys at Nintendo though...

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Just to add to it-the ds can't even do playstation games...

It would need alot more power to run any of the other systems as well-clock speed for one-and just because a system has maybe a little more power than another system won't mean it's gonna work.

The psp can do n64-not perfectly YET but it can do super mario 64 well enough :)

5. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

If you are looking for that Nintendo 64 Emulator that had a "blinking" problem that was seen on Youtube, I can tell you; THAT WAS A HOAX!
    The DS is not able of playing N64 Games for a number of reisions; (I.E. Lack of buttons, memory, processor, etc.) If the DS is a 64-Bit system, there still is not enough processing power. You need around 2x processing power of what you are emulating in order for it to work correctly.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The DS is capable enough of emulating it in few aspects of its hardware, but it lacks the others; possibly Vram, Nitro speed etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.