1. This forum is in read-only mode.

N5 freezes

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by electromakumba, Jun 7, 2010.

1. electromakumba

electromakumba Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I have a DS Phat and a N5 (R4 clone) flashcart.. I've bought them bundled from a friend, since today it has run just fine. No freezes, no crash, and I got all games to work (sometimes using patches, sometimes using YSMenu).

Today the bitch is going crazy. The flashcart is taking 3 or 4 resets of the DS to get recognized, then it suddenly freezes randomly, playing that "click" sound that usually does when the power button is used.

I read on the forum that N5 is known to rape the DS hardware, is what's happening to me the sign that I'm going to have my console broken? Or is it just come random error?

EDIT: If you don't know exactly what you're talking about please don't reply with random "just buy an acekard2i".. I know it's the best out there, but I had no problem with N5 until now and if it's possible I'd save the money.

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

FAIL. SuperCard DSTWO is the best out here.

Also, I think your N5 is destroying the hardware of your DS. It has done it several times, it's the N5 famous thing.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

How does it destroy the hardware?...

You should cycle the card first before turning the DS on and blow into the contacts of the slot-1 and ensure that it's free of dust and dirt.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It blows a fuse inside the consolue rendering it useless.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If the console is busted you'd have little choice but to update, be it acekard or supercard ds2

Try not using the n5 and try a real ds cart (if around) to see if it's busted.

Or just pictochat, if nothing happens (play for some time-or just leave it on), prehaps the card just expired.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Do any other carts do that as well?

I would suggest not using that cart anymore if it does that.

7. electromakumba

electromakumba Well-Known Member

Aww, my bad :p

Btw it's absolutely a flashcart issue, since Pictochat works fine.. I can't try other carts, but I guess that N5 is shitty as everybody says and I just got lucky until now.. Thank you guys.

PS: Is that fuse replaceable in some way? Fuses are put to safeguard electronics from current peaks, it's their job to broke up.. If it is not replaceable I wonder what did they put it there for.