1. This forum is in read-only mode.

N5 Flash Card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by electromakumba, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electromakumba

electromakumba Well-Known Member

Hi everybody, I have a N5 Flash Card for NDS (slot1 of course)

In threads about rom fixing it is never listed, and as I could understand, it's because N5 cards are the exact copy of another type of card (more popular). Do you know which one it is?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I think its R4,not really sure though.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

WHatever it's based on...it's not a "reccomended" card.

Acekard is the best, cycloDS as well (but no dsi support) and the edge (based on the acekard apparently...)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

N5 is a poor quality clone of the original R4, which is itself a poor card to have now due to its lack of support. (it was the best at one time).

5. electromakumba

I know what you are talking about, it's a chinese piece of crap ;)
    Btw I'm not planning on to buy a new flash card, so I guess I'll keep carry on :D

Ty @other guy i don't remember the name (sorry lol), can anybody confirm what he said? EDIT: Loonylion did, thank you too :D

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Didn't notice hypnos' comment before, but I'll just set the record straight: edge is a cyclods clone.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Oh, I got them mixed up :(

...must have been the recent r4 card that I was thinking about (some of those are based off acekard,s hence why they can use akiao firmware, or so trithRR said..)

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

9. electromakumba

..A couple of hours ago started to setup YSMenu to my N5 but I give up because the only game that still doesn't work is Bowser's Inside Story..

What does this YSMenu do?

10. Jhon 591

Its ment for quite a few new games to work, I have the R4 orignal with ysmenu and Bowser's Inside Story (US) version dose work unpatched, But not the (E) version of the game

Games fixed list http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=44e0e289a9569c090ed23fa1054008b1&showtopic=195808

Well they call it the DSTT_1.17a12 firmware, The quote abuth ^ he say's he has it working on the N5 card

But it was also converted to use on R4 orignal card

11. electromakumba

Uhm ok I will check it out.. Thank you
    Post Merge: [time]1263664406[/time]
    Erm, that video was the most confusing ever :S

Ok, I downloaded the zip from mediafire then I replaced the DSTT with the one jhon linked here.

Then the guy of the video has TWO folders, click around, open notepad, close notepad, click around some more. Is it supposed to help people??

Can anybody tell me where to put the unzipped file and which file that are already on my flash card (_system_, moonshl, _AX_MENU.dat, _DS_MENU.dat, _DS_MENU.SYS, _DS_MSHL.NDS + 2 custom folders) must be deleted?

12. Jhon 591

Make two folders on your desktop bckup all your orignal files into one, So if your format your card you do have a backup of all,

Just drag and drop all files from zip or rar onto a formatted microSD card would be easyer

13. electromakumba

Aww I got it to work, I thought I had to delete other files. I feel so newbie :D

Thank you Jhon!

14. Jhon 591

So it did work grate!, Your welcome.

15. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

*sigh* the vid is pettry clear, but still i will tell you, my zip file of YT is alreday a working Ysmenu, it has all the components meant for it to work, you also need the englsih version of the N5 card, also i dont use Notepad its Textedit as im in macintosh, the two folder thingy, is meant to show twice the process, im gonna re uplaod the vid due that it would seem its not clear in off.

also the N5 has a high compatibility with most games, even recent ones, with the exeption of Assasins creed discovery.

16. electromakumba

You are the guy that has done the video, right?

I'd like to thank you in advance, it's good to see people that put effort in helping others.

I found your video confusing because I thought that YSMenu replace entirely the boot files of the flash card, so I guess it's mainly my fault :D But I think that messing around (opening Textedit, changing font, repeating process without pointing it) in a step-to-step tutorial can be confusing..

Just sayin'

17. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

i was planning to edit that little mistake but the main thing around was that vid way too big, and quicktime does not likes to allow me to move things like i want, also i got the new tutorial reday and fixed, expect it soon, ill post it here.

new link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1YKO7NNQgs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.