1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mysterious Pink Pub

Discussion in 'General News' started by branraf, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

1st thing:nice siggy
    2nd thing:wow a pink gang is rising!

3. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I wonder if their gay men "oh Raul lets kick this boyfriends ass."

4. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The pub looks real pretty now ^_^

5. branraf

Hehe, Raul, let's kiss his ass. It's quite odd though to be fair. A little unusual that someone wants to do this.

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Me and my mates painted it, we was so drunk we thought it was orange though *~*

7. branraf

Hehe nice one. I wouldn't mind meeting the guys responsible though

8. bhatooth

what about the white house?

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

That's nothing, we have PINK public Urinals here ;D

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ7cYCSZopA

10. bhatooth

so mmda is the one who does it
    (Metro Manila Development Authority i think)

11. branraf

Pink urinals? What do they hope to achieve by that. Some foreign blokes bound to go and investigate, he might walk in on someone! Jesus and the white house, what's unusual about that? That was planned wasn't it? It's just pink pubs are rather unusual for national heritage sites.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the white house wasn't planned, no. It was burned down during the war of independence, afterwards was painted white to hide the scorch marks.

13. branraf

Wow, i never knew that. Then again, hat do i know about history, i am just bad at history to do with other countries. :-\

14. googolplex1234

googolplex1234 Well-Known Member

It was painted with whitewash to protect it from harsh winter weather.
    It wasn't painted to hide burn marks. That is a myth.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

I think they should leave it pink. It is very noticeable and it will get people interested in the pub. :D

15. Loonylion

It's a protected building so the repainting was illegal.

16. googolplex1234

Yeah, but if the owners of the property liked it, they could keep it, right?

Well, they don't, so I guess it will have to go back to black and white. ::)

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Okay, I'm going to be obviously off topic here so I'll just ask loony to split my Pink Urinal post & give this it's own thread if necessary

The Pink Urinals thing was the idea of this piece of turd government official.

[​IMG]

Who most of us think (I hope no one takes offense) is a retard, most of his crackpot ideas were epic fails to most of us, this pink urinal is one of them. Another "famous" retarded idea of his was to take down all of the existing concrete & steel reinforced over-passes that used to be all over Metro Manila & replace them with scary, shaky, flimsy looking hunks of steel that were welded & bolted together with little or no concrete reinforcement whatso ever. My former fear of heights was re-activated because of these scary foot bridges he had erected all over the metro. Really these pieces of garbage sway with every step. Damn bastard :p

[​IMG]
    Trust me they only look stable but step on these & you'll feel the walkway shake :p

[​IMG]
    Just take a look at those steps.

[​IMG]
    Bottom view, see no concrete reinforcement, just welded steel :p

[​IMG]
    Compare those pieces of garbage with this shot of a good quality concrete overpass that stood for almost four decades.

18. googolplex1234

That's horrible. I'd be scared to walk on one of those things...

He actually removed the old concrete ones to put up the steel ones? That kinda seems like a downgrade...

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Now you see why everyone here calls the guy a retard :p

But sadly we can't get him off his post because he's one of the most loyal lap dogs of our country's douchey-est President ever. And to make things worse, this arsehole is planning to run for President in next year's Presidential ellections, oh worser still, our current President is backing him up for the Presidency :p

20. Loonylion

by the british as far as I know, seeing as the war of independence was the people who wanted independence for the states and the people who didn't (i.e the british).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.