1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MY WII IS BRICKED!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I'm FRIGGIN DEAD!!! It starts up, you can hear the disk spool, but there is no display! I tried using BootMii, but it would not even appear onscreen! MY PARENtS WILL F*CKING KILL ME!!!! I need help, and before my bro gets on the Wii! I can't even restore a friggin NAND backup... Do I need keys.bin? Will a nand forwarder help? PLEASE! IM BEGGING YOU PEOPLE!

I'm gonna try SNEEK to see if it somehow, someway works.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well...i read that the offline update is kind of risky.... :(

This may help....but i'm not sure.

It's the universal wii unbrick disc v2...

http://www.ps3news.com/Nintendo-Wii/universal-unbrick-disc-v2-is-now-available-for-nintendo-wii/

But i'm not sure if it will help....you can try...

That sucks....... :(

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Thanks, will do. I didn't even perform the update yet.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What went wrong?

If you can do this, or you can get into bootmii somehow, you will need the keys.bin along with the nand backup if you wanted to do a nand dump back onto your wii.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it is not a banner brick, so I am screwed nonetheless. The disc spins, you can see the TV show signs of Wii booting up (CRT screens show line), but it does not even get to the warning part. So yeah, unless the Last Chanche Unbricker disc works, I'm screwed...

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep....pretty much.

How did you do it?

Did you uninstall an IOS?

And if you did, was it below 200?

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

All I did was uninstall System Menu 4.1 Wad, since it would not install in the first place, and I tried rebooting the wii and it was fine... I have no idea what happened! BootMii won't even show up. I also installed the patched IOS60, but I did not uninstall it. God, I am DEAD.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Bootmii must be installed as an IOS and you can't recover from full bricks with that...only semi-bricks.. :(

And uninstalling the wad was probably a bad move as well....

If you play by USB, you don't have to worry about disc updates.

Also WiiScrubbed games don't have the updates in them.

The WBFS manager automatically only puts the game on the flashdrive/harddrive, not the update. :)

9. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

BootMii is in boot2 for me.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

did you stick the GC controller in the 4th port and try hitting X?

That may work...not sure.....don't get your hopes up. :(

11. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Okay.... Will try.
    Post Merge: [time]1265250724[/time]
    May I ask why?

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It's the default thing to bring up the BootMii menu (Recovery Menu) i think.

13. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

No... didn't work. I'm gonna burn the disk today, but wait till tomorrow to us it. It says it recovers all bricks (including full). Thank god I installed cIOS 222 and 249, they are the only IOSes that are Trucha'd and cDIP'd. 222 will hopefully mask itself as 36, because I am not sure if it is cDIP'd (which is required to unbrick). Update tomorrow. If I do get a successful unbrick, I will post a tutorial on how to do it.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I hope it works for you.

15. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

srry to hear that man i have use the homebrew chanel a few times my self and for me it was not worth the risk srry that it brick on you that sucks

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It is a risk, but well worth it in the end. :)

17. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

how is it then

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

To play whatever games you want without paying for them. :p

Just like an NDS flashcart, but WAY more riskier.

19. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Haha... True. It is a great way of doing it, but there are always modchips, that you can play backup ISOs without editing the IOS directly. The new WiiKey can play from SD cards (which is great cause you don't need to use a USB Loader).

20. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

how is it going? also i read something in wiisos or in a similar place about an unbrciking method im not 100% sure since i dotn have the link but it consisted in using a sequence with the GC controller to bring up a special wii menu or something of the sorts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.