1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My USB Card Reader Refuses to function and......

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by AnimeboyX3, May 18, 2010.

1. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

It's pissing me off.Seriously I reconnected it over 20 times,It keeps telling me to insert disk into drive G even though the memory stick IS in there.I tried to defragment and format it and it won't happen since my memory stick isn't being recognized.I even restarted my laptop and I google searched as well but I found no good solution.Is anyone else having this problem and if you are have you fixed it and if you did tell me how.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What USB Card Reader do you have?

3. AnimeboyX3

Kingston

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You mean it's a flashdrive?

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Try a diffrent usb reader , main one , your micosd chip is traped , now this will take a little while , download

Portable Panasonic SD Formatter

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nniuwomaetm

Insert your microsd card into the reader and put into , it will take awhile to read , srartup Panasonic SD Formatter , it will be very slow but be patient, when it asks do a format , this will also take a while , after the format your microsd will be clean and fast on insert

I have had this befor with pci usb readers, can case corruption est , I try to use my main usb port for less problems , and pci for printes est , are bad usb ports might also be a problem

Hope this works for you
    Post Merge: [time]1274210853[/time]
    Of they is anuther issue , that can also be tryed in device manger is to uninstll all your usb ports USBControllers , reset your PC and do a rescan in device manger that will reinstll all the usb ports , "But this should be a last option"

6. AnimeboyX3

It's a flashdrive that has a slot for memory sticks.It won't function when I put the memory stick in there.

Thnks but it doesn't seem to respond for some reason.I'll still look into it though.

7. Jhon 591

Are it coulld be your usb reader for the microSD...

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Does it require drivers?

9. Jhon 591

I have edted my abouth post

but hear it is

Or they is anuther issue , that can also be tryed in device manger is to uninstll all your usb ports USBControllers one by one, reset your PC and do a rescan in device manger that will reinstll all the usb ports , "But this should be a last option"
    Post Merge: [time]1274211279[/time]
    Thats possible , but windows should have its own drivers for somethink simple as usb ports...

10. AnimeboyX3

I already installed drivers and I did the Device manager and it says that my USB memory stick reader is functioning properly which is not.I tried updates but I got the latest updates.

But you know what I'll just buy another USB Card reader.It's no big deal really.I just need some money first.Thanks anyway guys.

11. Jhon 591

Uninstall them drivers, with usb

They can cause more problem then as is, take it i know! , Then do a uninstall Device manager and reinsall of usb ports, see if that works

Also updates are even biggger problems with drivers, Just use windows as normal no update drivers