1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Signature Tutorial - By AcroneSF

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by AcroneSF, Jul 13, 2009.

1. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

Hi there! My name is AcroneSF and today I am hoping to teach you how to make a signature for forums or SOTW (Signature of the Week) Competitions.
    First of all you are going to need the actual program to make a signature. I myself use GIMP 2.6 but from what I have seen, most others use either PhotoShop CS3 or CS4.
    This is a download link for the setup of GIMP 2.6 > http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?swqmyfoolb1
    You can get renders here > http://planetrenders.net/ (you will have to sign-up) or you can Google for them.
    You can find the source code here > http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmgtgzmozwg
    You can get Conker here > http://imageflock.com/img/1247448418.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well now for the actual tutorial.
    Firstly, create an image. For this tutorial I will use 450 x 125 pixels.
    [​IMG]

Your layer size should be 450 x 125.
    [​IMG]

If yours doesn’t look like that, you have screwed something up already.

Now take the render you are using, (I will be using Conker for mine) and paste it several times. Now you will want to cover up all the white spaces in the background like I have.
    [​IMG]

Try not to line them up to much because it wont look as good as it could if you do.
    Next go up to the menu bar then Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur…
    [​IMG]

Now I would recommend you set the blur radius to 5.0 (You can change it to your liking) Then click OK.
    [​IMG]

Next, go to the menu bar then Filters > Noise > Pick…
    [​IMG]

Now set the Randomization to 20 and Repeat to 10. (You can change this to suit your desire)
    [​IMG]

Now repeat your Gaussian Blur and Random Pick until your picture looks like this. (Incase your using a different render until the render isn’t easily noticeable that it is the render your using)
    Should look a little like this. (Well, if your using Conker)
    [​IMG]

Now create a blank new layer with the same dimensions. (450 x 125) Name it what ever you prefer.
    If you can find an render of an object you like you can use that but in this tutorial I will be using the brush, Sparks. Now get out your handy brush and cover the entire layer in sparks. (They look more like fireballs)
    [​IMG]

Now this next step is optional but I highly recommend it. Now Right Click > Colours > Desaturate…
    [​IMG]

Then click OK.

Now go back up to the menu bar then Filters > Blur > Motion Blur…
    I recommend you set the Length to 25 and the Angle to 130. (You can change this to your preference)
    [​IMG]

Then click OK. Now set the layer to Overlay.
    [​IMG]

This is what your signature should look like so far. (If your using Conker)
    [​IMG]

Not bad eh?
    Create a blank layer with the same dimensions. (450 x 125) Now this is where you get to have some fun with your brushes.
    [​IMG]

You can change the colour of it if you like but I’m not going to in this tutorial. Now set this layer to overlay.
    This is what mine looks like:
    [​IMG]

If you would like to make it darker repeat what we did with the Sparks brush and Motion Blur and set to overlay.
    Now create a new transparent layer and paste your avatar where you want. Like so:
    [​IMG]

Now this step is also optional but makes your signature look more “presentable” as I’ve been told.
    Make a new transparent layer.
    Press Control + A to select to whole layer then Right Click > Edit > Stroke Selection.
    I normally have this at 7.0
    [​IMG]

Then click stroke and your border is finished.
    [​IMG]

Now you should add text and any extra effects you would like to add.
    This is the final product.
    [​IMG]
    Post Merge: [time]1247459500[/time]
    Fixed a broken link and a few spelling errors.