1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My SD Card is not working

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Counterstrike, May 30, 2010.

1. Counterstrike

Counterstrike Well-Known Member

SD/TF Card Error is wut popped up on my R4 with the black screen which usually says loading :-\
    yep I tried everything it wont change or go to wood fw 1.08. The other thing is i looked this up and i found numerous people saying to "re-format" your SD card now should I or not is wut i wanna ask. Also when i plugged my micro sd 2gb Sandisk with my micro sd reader it popped up and it was a "raw" usb thingy and when i went to open it, it said that it had no format and i could format it i clicked ok and i went to this screen for the things like how many Giga bytes it holds etc. when i click ok it said that all the other things on the card would be deleted !!!! :eek: w8 so all my stuff would be gone !!! i pressed cancel and now i wrote all this i would really appreciate any help you could give :)
    Post Merge: [time]1275246697[/time]
    Also i have an r4 with wood fw 1.08 and also the last game i was playing was pokemon heartgold patched by ejames 20010 and when i clicked save it just kept on saving do not turn power off and so i turned my ds off and on and it sais SD/TF Card error and well u know the rest..
    '

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sometimes MicroSD cards become corrupted. You need to backup your files and format it. If your computer won't recognize the MicroSD then you are out of luck and will have lost the data on it. This is why you should keep backups.

You will need to format it (backup if you can, if not, sorry) and then put on the Firmware files, Games, and any save files you had.

SD Formatting software.
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

3. Counterstrike

Counterstrike Well-Known Member

Thanks also it doesn't matter if i lose anything I can download games homebrew etc. but the save files... meh cuz i lost half of em while going through wood r4 thnx Tirith you can close this topic and yesh i can backup the files are gone D:
    Post Merge: [time]1275247437[/time]
    It will format it on the comp it sais should i do this or ur link
    Post Merge: [time]1275247689[/time]
    AHHH i re-formatted it <_< all my files *crys thnx anyways