1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My roms dont WORK!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gracalicous01, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gracalicous01

gracalicous01 New Member

Ok very recently i downloaded around 22games from romulation in one night thinking oh yeah im gonna have so much fun playing these on my R4 BUT.... when i first tried them on my ds they didnt show up then i realised they said .rar not.nds tht had happened b4 and i did that and they immediately worked so i thoought nothing of it but...later when i went onto my ds the games didnt have icons all i saw was text and on every fourth game a large R4 sign in a blue logo and i cant play them exept for my less recently downloaded games I have updated all my software made sure winrar is working and checked every rom for viruses nothing was wrong and i have gone over them all 100 times PLZ HELP!!!! I WANNA PLAY BOMBERMAN :'( btw URGENT cos its holidays and i dont think i can stop playing zelda spirit so i will be finished in a few days and will need something to do during hols other than sit on my bum!!

2. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Hold on, man! First unpack these .rar Files and, wonder how, there's going to be a .nds File. OMFG!
    Then install the Firmware on your Card, copy those Games over & voila, you can play Games....

Next time please write with Punctuation (Thanks hYpNoS ;D) & Stuff.... (Not sure, if I understood your Question correct)

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

GhanaCHris-you mean "punctuation" :)

As for the poster...I can't read it well, all i understood was it was something about the ds games being in rar format.

I could the simplest answer which is "r4 sucks-get an acekard" but I don't think that would help...

Check that your firmware is on properly, and if there is any extraction errors (crc error, etc) then re-download it...if you get the .nds file then you should be ok.

And i think you need a "GAME" folder on your r4..not sure because of the annoyance they caused me...thus why I chose the idiot proof acekard :)

4. 8bithaven

8bithaven Member

there may be a system file missing on your R4 card i would check that put your R4 into your usb check and make sure u have all the system files and the menu files u may have removed one by mistake. I am no expert by any means but my R4 works just fine i did have some trouble when i first started using it and that was what was wrong with mine. I was missing a menu file and it kept the whole thing frome booting up.

5. Apacar2

Apacar2 Active Member

First of all extract the files:p
    And than download this YSMenu for the R4\
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jteaqy3tdmm

Enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.