1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MY r4i ssdhc isnt working

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by yong_626, Sep 8, 2011.

1. yong_626

yong_626 Member

I just upgraded the firmware of my ndsi to 1.4. then when I open my r4i. It says an error has occured. Press hold Power button blah2. The version of my r4issdhc is v2.3. can somebody help me please?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You've upgraded the DSi firmware to v.1.4.3. It block off the use of all flash cartridge. Only certain cartridge have been able to overwrite the blockage. Check for updates in the appropriate R4i cart's website. If you can't find the update there, that means there isn't any....if that is the case, then buy a new cart that has ability to overwrite the block. Good luck.

3. yong_626

yong_626 Member

Is there any way to access again my r4i? are there any firmware or systems to open this r4i again? so sad:(

4. Prectorian

If there is an updating file for your R4i in its webpage, then yes. But if not, its not possible. You can't downgrade the DSi.

Edit:

Forgot to say these; try checking the webpage provided on the R4i sticker or package box. Maybe you get lucky, if not then just buy a new cart such as an Acekard2i. If there is an updating file for it to overwrite the v.1.4.3 DSi firmware, you'll still need to borrow someone else's NDS/DSi that is below v.1.4.3 to do the updating.

5. yong_626

yong_626 Member

but others like r4i v.143 and the r4 without i mark has released its new kernel. But its really unlucky I think, that I can find a new firmware for my r4i. because my card is r4i sdhc. It has i mark. Is it possible if I just used the r4 without i mark for my firmware? sorry for the bad english

6. Prectorian

Unlikely. It might cause more damage than good. Unless you are prepared to do trial and error. In which case you best back up your cart's content if you want to give it a go. Again, even if its compatible, you can't use your DSi to do the upgrading for your cart, remember that your cart is blocked off by DSi's v.1.4.3. You'll need to borrow someone's NDS/DSi below v.1.4.3 unless you have NDS/NDSL. However I personally won't recommend doing it, always use its official upgrading package from its website. Again its up to you.

7. yong_626

yong_626 Member

thankyou. But is is really possible to put the kernel of r4i without i mark or without1.43 or 1.44 mark on the r4i sdhc with i mark? thankyou so much. If they wont release the new kernel for r4i with i mark. Probably I'll buy a new r4. What brand do you prefer so I can use it better in dsi 1.4.3U?

8. Prectorian

Better buy the Acekard2i. As for your question regarding that "i", no its not possible. There's more than a dozen clones of the R4 with various names behind the "4". And when you do buy a new cart, ask the seller to upgrade it for you so that it support the DSi v.1.4.3 firmware. Cause you can't do it on your own without having another NDS/NDSL/DSi(below v.1.4.3).

9. yong_626

yong_626 Member

Thanks! Yeah. I think this r4 is just a clone. because this is the side. and they just updated it for around 5months. r4issdhc.com. I dont know how to configure it now. SO i think Ill just buy the acekard that they are talking about. is that brand the best? or i mean is that an original? is r4i gold not good?

10. Prectorian

Acekard2i is one of the best at the moment, just make sure you buy the real acekard2i (got verification barcode that you can use to check for authenticity). As for R4i Gold, as long as you buy the one that is from r4ids.cn then its good because its officially supported by Wood R4. Most of all, make sure to look for a cart that is continuously supported by the developers. And avoid clones or fake carts.

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

It's grate that R4 originals are reproductions of original have the best of both firmwares woodr4 and ysmenu, Just shame the downfall is only a 2GB Micro SD chip's can be used.

12. yong_626

yong_626 Member

when do you think the upgrade of the firmware of r4i sdhc be released? because the other r4i are released. I don't think the new software upgrade of my r4 is now downloadable. I guess I just have to buy a new and original one. Thanks for your help. Please reply again here if you do found and update for my r4. thankyou!

13. Jhon 591

Are you sure it's not r4i sdhc , and not r4ssdhc ?, nether herd of this one.

14. yong_626

yong_626 Member

I think my r4 is. r4i upgrade revolution. And its just a clone. So i dont know where to get its firmware or the new firmware to support dsi 1.4.3 please help me. My r4 is r4i upgrade revolution. and the site said in the box is r4issdhc.com. If you have some time. please do visit it. Maybe you know something in my shit r4. :) Thanks so much!

15. Jhon 591

No r4ssdhc , Just R4i SDHC upgrade maybe could try RGF firmware

Check: RGF Multicart Update Compatibility List

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

Get RGF firmware, and use it as a main boot.

it's on the list and what you need to do, R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution