1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My R4i SDHC stopped working! [Brick?!]

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by endlessd, Jan 12, 2013.

1. endlessd

endlessd New Member

Dear all,

I just got my flash cart today it's R4i SDHC Silver (r4isdhc.com).

After I got my flash card, I installed the lastest kernel and tried to run Pokemon Black 2 but didn't get it to work eventually.

I tried to install YSMenu from Retrofangame Multi Card file (latest version), after I got my YSMenu working I went to open Pokemon Black 2 and somehow it loads forever (waited like 10 mins).

I decided to press the home button in order to start over but for some reason the system couldn't found my cart anymore. I also tried with my NDS but same thing happens.

I googled this case and found this guy who got the same problem > index.php?topic=60326.0 (This forum, I can't post the full lniks somehow)

Has anyone here figured out why this happens or how to fix it?

Should I be using WoodR4 instead? (since YSMenu did BRICK my cart)

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Ysmenu are woodR4 cannot block/brick your DS / DSi only firmware/BIOS updates can brick the nds system / flashcards form bean used.

It's recommended to use the original firmware from the sites card makers.

Correct one should be

Code:
    Working as Dual Boot (Keep your ORIGINAL Firmware) :
    R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution - http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ -> (Use R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu folder)

Meaning keep original firmware on card, and use the .nds file loader as a second firmware loader, like loading a game.

3. endlessd

endlessd New Member

I did, I used the original firmware to run YSMenu.nds, maybe the cart I got is faulty.

What is better anyway, between YSMenu and WoodR4?

If I want to use WoodR4 I'll need to download this right? > WAIO v1.16 for R4 Clones (REPACKED v3.0

Thanks so much in advance

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

A quick question; did you back up your sd micro, and format it before performing the action you stated?
    You need to read through the compatibility list in the YSMENU/TTMENU topic found under FLASHCART HELP SECTION. Check properly which folder in the package that you need. If your cart is not listed, then it's not supported thus means, don't attempt to use it. Also be careful not to accidentally overwrite your R4's main files.

As for WOOD, your cart is 100% not supported. While WAIO, no point adding it to your cart. It's been abandoned (no longer updated) several years ago, thus even if it run on your cart, that game you wish to play will not load.