1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My R4i card for my DDi is no longer working please help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cheese69, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheese69

cheese69 Member

Hi

I recently purchased an R4i card with a 4gb micro sd for my DSi and it had the yellow star with V.14 as my DSi has the 1.4 firmware on it.
    I loaded the software as required and it worked first time.
    I have gone to use my DSi this morning and the card is not working. When I turn my DSi on it
    recognises the card but when I select it, it shows the following message “AN
    ERROR HAS OCCURRED. PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN THE SYSTEM OFF.
    PLEASE REFER TO THE NINTENDO DSI OPERATIONS MANUAL FOR DETAILS.”

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so how did you fix it.

Please help.

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

All I can suggest is to try it on a DS Phat/lite. If it doesn't work then the card sounds broken to me. The only way to fix it would be reflash the card, however I don't think it can do that. I'll chech if you tell me the website on the box/card.

Wait, what system version are you using? A 1.5 update has been rumoured.

There are plenty of other cards out there, Acekard 2i is said to be good.

3. cheese69

cheese69 Member

Hi

I got the card from R4i.co.uk. Do you mean what version of card, if so its a SDHC R4i Red card.

4. matty999555

I need to know the website address on the r4/box and I need the version of your dsi 1.4, 1.3 etc

Not mine but I think it explains it, sorry if I didn't make sense

5. cheese69

cheese69 Member

no worries cheers for your help,

it says 1.4E

6. matty999555

I need the website that you get the the firmware off. the one on the box/card not where you brought it from.

7. cheese69

cheese69 Member

Sorry im new to this world

the firmware i used on the card came from the website i used to buy the card (r4i.co.uk) as this was recommended by them and the firmware on the Dsi is the original nintendo software that came with the it.

Hope this makes sense.

8. matty999555

[​IMG]

Does your box look simalar to this. I need the website on it, not the one you brought it of.

However due to my experiences with R4s they will not be able to update unlike m3s, acekards, iplayers, supercards and others.

Just saying Its most likely a broken card, software/hardware. I would get a new one, Acekard 2i is good.

9. cheese69

cheese69 Member

Yeah thats the card, the website on the box is www.R4I-SDHC.COM .

Cheers for your help its much appreciated.

i will probably look in to that card as ive seen in other forums that its is popular.

10. matty999555

I've got the same one, try a previous firmware.

If that fails the last thing you can do is format your card.

Then you'll need a new card

11. cheese69

cheese69 Member

cheers will do , where can i get a previous firmware

12. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The website on the box!

13. cheese69

cheese69 Member

14. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

Well,i heard that if you turn off the power and the unplug the flashcart from the DS(i) and repeat the process a few times,it will restore working. You can try overwriting the last firmware you've putt in there.

NOTE: please note i havent read the replies of others so if your problem was already solved by a much wiser and ultimately correct guide/answet, i appologise... Cheers!

15. matty999555

If my flash cart ever stops working I'll try that!

We learn something new everyday!

16. MindFever

Glad i could help,though i doubt it is on par with other advices you got from other people :)
    Well look,my R4i GOLD (a fantastic card...every ROM works like a charm.Even Spirit Tracks ...doesnt even need a patch most of the time) quite a few times it can say "Error blah blah blah Turn Off the power blah blah". I just remove the card,leave it for 10 seconds out, remove the SDmicro card and putt it back in the flashcart. I turn the power on and voila' - it allways works again.
    Try also disabling Wi-Fi when this happens...for some reason it can screw arround with your card - i have no clue if this is true or not.

Btw,if you ever had problems loading THEMES from other R4 cards (those original cards) but when you putt them in your flashcart it just draws weird background - corrupted immages and so on - dont worry : i tried in my R4i Gold to convert themes from other R4i/R4 cards and convert them from 32bit (or 24bit ...) to 16 bit... and it works :)

Cheers,hope this helps somewhat ...im a total newb in flashcart stuff,but i like to find out things on my own (experimenting and so on...)

17. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

I do exactly the same thing. But my r4i gold takes like a couple minutes. :p But it works like magic nonetheless.

18. matty999555

I have an R4i SDHC so I guess its simalar. Although I'm planning to get a new one soon.

19. MindFever

HIGH FIVE! heheh ... yeah,your description is correct.It does take a couple of minutes sometimes. Indeed,i was so surprised how good the Gold version works.I feel such a cheater,because it is way way cheaper than other more "cool" carts :) And it works better...

Did you try converting Themes from other R4 carts to 16 bit ? I noticed it had the same with/height like the R4 themes,just that the size of the jpgs are smaller compared to the R4 Themes. I figured,it must be because R4i Gold only "reads" themes in 16 bit or something like that.I said previously it worked,but i used incorrect word usage: i ment to say,it SHOULD work like that. havent tried yet...
    Have you got any ideas how to convert themes from R4 to R4i Gold ?

20. 01philip01

01philip01 Active Member

hello,
    sorry for interupting xD
    this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but i have the same r4i - sdhc
    but i used a microsd card instead since we got a 2gb one for 10 bucks,
    is there any benefits from using a sdhc card?
    also everytime i start it, and in the main menu when i click game you have to wait awhile, ( 1 or 2 mins havent counted ) then it starts.
    is this problem fixed if using a sdhc?
    i use the card for my ds phat, and ds lite. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.