1. This forum is in read-only mode.

my R4 won't let me use the cheats

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by failureftw, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. failureftw

failureftw New Member

Okay, bacially I got pokemon platinum to work now *wohoo* but now my sister says all the games datas like cooking mama and mario kart have been reset. She is lazy when she sees a game with the cheat button next to it she uses them, so she wanted to unlock all the karts again, and for some reason its not there and I mean the button with cheat(y) on it. I tried reformatting it but computer won't let me delete the chinese or whatever language files from pokemon platinum... help please ^^

EDIT: well I don't know if this helps but when I save certain games on my R4 , it says it saving but the savs don't show up on the screen but the savs were actually there when I looked using my computer, I also tried to move all the other saves to another folder before XD (big mistake I think) and now they don't show up XD

EDIT : well I was playing with the buttons and it seems that all the files are there when I press select couple times, but it games still don't have the cheat(y) button........ also I still have the cheat.dat file in my _system_ folder

I will keep posting more info to help you guys understand my problem

2. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

Just try replacing the cheat.dat file.

You can get the latest one here:

cheats.gbatemp.net

3. failureftw

failureftw New Member

any ideas which one I should download ^^?

4. liquidsnake1

liquidsnake1 Member

i think cheat.dat

5. failureftw

failureftw New Member

okay well after awhile with playing with the folders I couldn't really delete the folder that says english so I just moved it into the system folder downloaded both cheat.dat and the ds_meau_ thing and now it works! thank so much ^^

6. derrickchai39

derrickchai39 Member

Re-install your current firmware usually helps for me when i load a new cheat.dat

7. Darkwish

Darkwish New Member

now when were still busy with this can sum1 tell me why cheat.dat IS working and usrCheat.dat NOT?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What firmware version etc.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.