1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My R4 is going BESERK?!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ramenberga, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramenberga

Ramenberga Well-Known Member

I bought a R4 SDHC like two weeks ago and today i started acting weird. In the middle of a game the DS turns itself off! Is there a way to fix this?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The flashcart may not be making good contact in your DS, make sure your slot 1 and the cart are clean of any dust or oils.

If the problem persists, you may try putting a small piece of paper in the slot with your card, to give it a little more thickness and help push against the contacts better.

3. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Might be an issue with the DS itself... try using a real DS game to see if it does the same thing... if not, try formatting your SD card, and replacing the firmware

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Could be a bad card, or some solder overlap on the chip inside, My friends one went weird when clicking on a new screen the righting went jarbled, I scraped of some overlap solder with a needle, And it stated to work fine!

Just get a replacement!

Unless some file on your card that don't agree?

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Or add pencil graphite to the contacts of your card. Hey, isn't this kinda problem in the Common Issues thread? ???
    If your DS just turns off, it may just be the battery or bad contact between your DS and battery.

6. Ramenberga

Ramenberga Well-Known Member

How do you format on a mac?

7. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Welll... I suppose a mac can't use Panasonic Formatter, if it can use it. If not, it should have a built in formatter by click the Micro SD card, pressing the options button on your keyboard or something (I used to have a mac a few years ago) and click format.

8. sadboy

sadboy Guest

its a bad system ds i tried my cart on old ds light systems my cart wont show up at all get clean new ds it not your r4 cart its your system how old is it mine is 3 months old

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.