1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My R4 can't update (UPDATED FIRST POST)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by glitcherpwnsall, Apr 3, 2010.

1. I want to load 1.18 or higher (I'm on 1.08b) on my my R4. When i Delete everything from it and load the recent firmware I try and boot it on my DS but it shows a micro SD with a question mark on.

I have a 2GB micro SD.

Looking at my cartridge it says, on the front,

R4
    Upgrade
    Revolution for DS
    (NDSL/DS)
    WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM

on the little green bit at the back it says 'R4 - SDHC 1'

Is it fake? Am I doing something wrong? Help!!!!

EDIT: Ok I am obviously going to need a new flashcart. Which is best for playing modern games without patches (and where can i get it from)? Thanks

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: My R4 can't update

If yours doesn't have the v1.4 mark on the front, then you can' use 1.18b or higher, only 1.09b.

3. OXOBloxo

OXOBloxo Well-Known Member

This firmware is quite confusing, It seems the OP's card can use the v1.19b firmware by what they have decribed their card as (even though it has no 1.4 flash it can take the first columns firmware) but not the v1.09 firmware as it has "i" on the R4

Has the OP actually tried v1.19b or not, as he has said he has tried the recent firmware, but dont actually say which, the 1.18 they refer to either they ommited the b or are using the wrong firmware.

So question to the OP...

What firmware have you tried and where did you get it from?

4. well... I tried 1.18 with no avail i also tried a couple others before that but i really want 1.18 and I tried other formats like stuff for R4I etc and i got my stuff from' http://www.r4dscart.com/r4-software.html '

However when I googled 'R4 1.19 firmware' all i got was a bunch of people saying its false. If you think my card could actually take this 1.19b firmware could you give me a link? thanks

5. OXOBloxo

your card is from www.r4i-sdhc.com as it says so on the sticker, you cant just download firmware from any R4 site and expect it to work.

you must download the firmware from that exact site for your card to work.

there are 2 options on that site and i think you should download the first one in the first column "R4i English V1.19b", (by the info you have given us, presuming that is correct)

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

YSmenu?

7. OXOBloxo

Feel free to explain that to him, :)

i am happy just to get the card working on the intended firmmware for now, 1 step at a time....

8. OXOBloxo YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!!!1111ONE WARIOWARE DIY WORKS!!!!!!! THANKYOU!!!!!

9. OXOBloxo

your welcome...

have fun ;)

10. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

The R4 from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ does not have any limit on firmware. The R4i does.
    Yes that is correct.

11. Nooooo. It was running wario ware DIY then i realised about the save issue. I rebooted then it stopped working! What should I do?

12. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Questions like this must be posted in the official Warioware DIY thread...

13. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

That also happened to me.

MAybe format your card?