1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My power has been out for about one week now.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peach_is_Awesome, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Peach_is_Awesome

Peach_is_Awesome Well-Known Member

I'm serious.

My company is taking forever to bring power back.

I'm at my grandma's house right now since her power never went out.
    I really want to play on my nintendo wii...
    Has anyone ever had their power out for long period of time?

Off-topic: About the parody...I'm still having trouble with it. I'm out of ideas at the moment and I have an English project right now. Also the main character is a Touhou one.

2. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

The longest time Ive been without electricity is 24 hours >_> and I was dying. I cant imagine a week, poor you.

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Longest time for me was...4 days.....camping -.- my DS died on the first day in the car T_T

4. Peach_is_Awesome

Peach_is_Awesome Well-Known Member

Woah.

My power just came back on today. I didn't know until about an hour ago.

@adriskrayzee I coped with it though, since I still had this laptop. Grandma's house has had power the whole time too, so it wasn't too much of a problem (except about some spoiled food).

Off-topic: My English project is almost done, actually. Mom won't stop bothering me about it, though.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you're without power for more than 24 hours in the UK, the power company gives you a generator. Longest power cut I ever experienced was seven hours, we had to be evacuated from the hall to the uni library after the emergency lighting failed (my laptop lasted longer, go figure), but my parents had a 48 hour once. They didn't ask for a generator though.

6. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Probably the longest time for me was that big power outage in Ontario , Canada ( and neighboring regions). We actually had to siphon gas from the gas tank at the gas station because the pumps needed electricity and there weren't any generators. It's not that big of a deal, though, if you're just at home. Just live with it.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Longest was 1 hour, pretty lucky. My mate's Dad has a generator in his shed, which works up to 30 minutes or something.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

My desktop computer has a battery which lasts about 40 minutes on a good day. Doesn't power anything else though, only the computer and TFT monitor. The phone system at my dad's workplace can run for about four hours on battery power.

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I've seen one of those safe batteries for computers, they're pretty dear though.

10. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Woah, and here I was thinking you had an amazing laptop battery, still being able to be online.

Here the power company will get money claims if the power is out for x hours. This is also why we almost never have long power outages.