1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My post got deleted unfairly.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adriskrayzee, Sep 19, 2008.

1. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

Here.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,10199.0.html

I posted right after this post...
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,10199.msg107080.html#msg107080
    ...quoting the moderator: https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,10199.msg107075.html#msg107075
    saying that his advice was really off since it wasnt a problem with just a game, it was a problem with the card not loading at all and then gave my suggestion to the thread starter.
    I need to get clear on why this was done, because if I keep thinking that it was an abuse of power, I will probably leave this site for good.

Thank you.

2. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Maybe it was an accident? or maybe Anand got some evil in him -.-

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I never saw a post by you there, are you sure it actually posted?

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Uhh, I think you're overreacting.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I checked the moderation log, no post by you was deleted in that thread. So you didn't post it. Perhaps you got the message that someone posted by you and to resubmit your post after checking the new replies, then forgot to resubmit?

6. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

That sounds logical. And if someone is childish enough that they will leave a forum because one of their posts was deleted I say we're better off without them. ;)

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Uh no Kamage, I didn't do anything.

8. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

Who said you did? Got some of guilt in you?

And yes I am sure I posted, hell I visited that thread every time there was a new post, and mine was still there, come on.
    I am sure no one is gonna take the blame so we might as well forget this.

The abuse of power has always upset me, but each to his own.

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Kamage did.
    The log says that no one ever deleted a post there.
    No one abused their power.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Uh yeah, read my post, I said Kamage, meaning I was replying to him. Why don't you just repost it if possible?

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Well I dunno if you will trust my word or not, but I'm telling you that no post of yours were deleted from the thread. I checked the logs 3 days back. (I didn't check when the thread was actually made but I'm assuming the post was recent)

12. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm usually on lurking, seeing if any posts are like that.... I usually check latest posts -.-

And I've never seens yours... But hey, I don't go on as much now :S

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its not impossible that SMF bugged and thats why your post disappeared, but its unlikely.

14. Void

Void Well-Known Member

That's a stupid thing to say. If I magically hax'd RU and started deleting your posts would you leave? I would, but fuck if I know why I would be deleting my own posts. That said, adris, if Seph says no posts of yours was deleted, you should trust that. If you surely did post, and your positive of that, consider it a glitch of some kind, like Loony said.