1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My old saved file to my new DeSmuME?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tailers, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Tailers

Tailers New Member

Hello.
    This post is regarding pokémon black. For DeSmmuME
    I wanted to get wifi so I downloaded a wifi desmume with all the stuff that comes with it, now I am online and that all just works fine. However:

I used to have a saved file on my other desmume, that wasn't saved on the game but on desmume itself. (save state, load state from) However it has saved on the actual game after the pokemon league. But when I try to open the file my desmume stops responding.

Does this mean I have to start a new game on the new desmume and do everything over again or what?
    Is there any way I can convert my old saved file? Because I was pretty far and I'd hate to have to do it all over again.

Thanks in advance

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Basically yes, you'll have to start over.

See, whenever a newer version of an emulator gets released most of the time a major update occurs, in this case WiFi support. Often the emulator's code gets changed a whole lot that it can no longer support the type of Save data from the older build to the newer one.

There are instances when an update is minor enough that backward compatibility with older save data files from previous versions of the emulator is supported.

My advice to you would be, to learn taking the time to read the included manual or readme files to your emulator as the readme often contains the information telling you if backward compatibility is supported or not.

3. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Don't use SAVE STATE because there are many bug fix on each version. Use native save for moment.