1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My NDS lite Freezes While playing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sachi, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sachi

Sachi Active Member

I bought NDS lite 20 days ago and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness Cart the same day.

I didn't had any problem playing .... After completing the game first time and Evolving my starter the game started to freeze in Marine Resort After a few times I deleted save Data. Started New Game But now whenever I play the game freezes in the beach cave .... After few tries I found out that
    1) Game freezes when anyone uses a stat lowering move , like "Scratch" , "Growl" , "Leer" , etc.
    2) If no one uses any such type of moves game runs fine.
    3) game freezes in dungeons only , not at other places like Treasure town.

I live in India , bought my NDS lite which was imported at a shop not in my city also game cart was bought in another far away city . Hence I can't try another NDS or game cart easily . I tried blowing the slot and cart with air .

Now 21 days have gone since my purchase .
    What should I do ....

1) Should I contact the NDS lite retailer from which I bought mine .
    or
    2)Should I contact the Game cart retailer for it.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are these actual legitimate copies, or bootlegs?

Sounds like you might have a bad bootleg copy, I'd try to return it and get a new one. But of course that would be difficult to do with bootlegs.

Alternatively, get a flashcart and play your games that way. Try to Acekard2 or Edge card for a cheap alternative, you can buy them at www.dealextreme.com

If you are up for spending some money, you could try a CycloDS, but they are more expensive (but better compatibility).

3. Sachi

Sachi Active Member

What are bootlegs ??

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

game cartridges that were not made by nintendo.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My questions are-

1.Did you buy from a big retail chain (like eb games or anything well known) or just from some stall that was cheap?

2.Brand new or second hand?

3.When you blew into it, did you blow hard or gentle (you'd be surprised how much damage you can give a game by doing this, avoid spit, blow gently...)

Now for my suggestions...

1.My main guess (from experience) is that it's a FAKE/boot leg/non official copy of the game, if you can take a pic of the box and or cartridge, I can tell if it's fake 9this is optional though)

2. If it's from an official retailer, then you have a small chance-where I am it's 7 days return, but that's in exchange, damaged games are a different matter which they can help...

3.If from (excuse the name) el-cheapo con artist, then your stuffed, ask for a refund and that's it, don't get any more games from them because boot leg games last like months at most...

OFFICIAL NINTENDO GAMES LAST YEARS!

My old nes carts are still running (1987 games are still great) but my boot leg pokemon sapphire stopped saving after 5 months...

Poor quality parts are used for these...

Finnally...by the sounds of it it might have NOT been a import but a local fake...

My best guess is (for getting new games)

1.Find a proper retail chain (markets or places that import can't be fully trusted-check the stuff before you buy)

2.If failing that find a ds flash card-and get your games HERE!

...for free without travel (only cost is net access)

I apoligise if anything I said is out of line...from what I hear india is (in some places) like the phillipines (again, only in some places...for some reason my mum always get's scammed there)...

Flash cards aren't made by nintendo, but they do last a tad linger, and can hold many many games, in places like that, this is a far cheaper option-and more practical....

I hoped I helped in some way :)

6. Sachi

Sachi Active Member

Thanks for your reply .
    It must be a bootleg , because
    1) It has every logo but Nintendo WFC logo on the box , Which I have seen on net on same game's cover.
    2) It didn't had original manual inside the box but a different manual with 40 pages.[I downloaded it(original) from a site in pdf format]

I went to the shop and showed them the fault , they took the cart and told me that I would get the same game when they get it exchanged from their supplier. :-\

I am cursed you can say ... :'(........

I bought a GBA cart (different shop)which I found out was a fake [Game for Advance] in the shop itself Didn't save anywhere... my friend asked to get DBZ Buu's Fury (less than 3$ I just wanted a game).... We both love that cartoon.

Yesterday / on the next day cart stopped working :eek: so I tried bending my Slot 2 pins a little which were looking like dislocated. Nothing changed.
    Went to the shop (NDS lite was bought here)to show that My NDS lite DO NOT detect cart.
    I got pissed as cart failed to work in another NDSl of their shop. :-[

Went to cart shop changed the cart still nothing was detected in my NDSl :'( ,
    Checked carts in their GBASP and took one cart one of them which looked promising Van Helsing ..
    [Game Boy Advance] [unable to play myself though]
    Planning to go to the shop (again NDSl shop)again to confirm and give my NDSl for repair .

Answers to your questions

1) It's a big retail chain but all those carts must be fake which they have (both shops GBA & NDS cart ones have multigame ROM carts like 86 in 1). :'(

2) Maybe brand new (just saying because of packaging and no save data on cart previously). ???

3) Gently by mouth and by my blower on lowest settings also.

In India We got NES and Famicomm clones from China only. But my fake NES/Famicomm carts are also working fine (7-8 years now). I never encountered a BAD NES/Fam fake in my life. ;D

It's an IMPORTED FAKE HA HA HA ... ;D ;D ;D

I don't think I could find any Original Cart I just need a game or two for some time ....

I don't have a CC or DC for ordering on line (A friend has one which we tried with ordering [At DealExtreme one Acekard2]and turned out that we can't use it Internationally) .
    When I get my own (Will be sure to get one which can be used Internationally) I will order 1-2 Acekard 2 from DealExtreme

I have many ROMs downloaded and tried from here on my PC. ;)

Again thanks for your help . :)

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No worries...

Hrm, when I meant a big retail chain, i meant one that the world knows, just because it has a website and the latest games won't mean it's big...

Then again, I have no idea what shops are near ya, so I got no clue...

With the acekard, make sure it's the 2.1 (if you got a standard ds lite) or acekard i (for the dsi-it's one of the few that does work on it)...

(From experience, I got a fake cart of donkey kong land on gb, it still works...fakes are lasting alot less these days XD)

8. Sachi

Sachi Active Member

That shop doesn't have a website ;D nor it has many games :( also marely 5-6 carts were there to select from ... :'(

The Acekard has to wait a little ....

9. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Try buying an CycloDS Evolution :p

10. Sachi

Sachi Active Member

Hiya !!...
    I got the Cart exchanged ....... :-[ with ......... :'(
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Squadra Blu (mentioned as German on packaging) ;D ;D...
    I have some questions about it ???.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.