1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Miles Edgeworth Investigations doesn't work! (not spam >.<)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Holly951, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Holly951

Holly951 Member

Sorry if it looks like I'm spamming here *facedesk* but I don't know how to reply to what someone says in a topic and stuff so I'm posting a new topic >.< And basically I followed the tutorial to get my AAI game, and it comes up with a screen saying "failed to read, please re-insert card" and yeah. And I use an r4. And I don't think I still have the box for my r4 *double facedesk* so I can't go to the site where it tells you about "formatting your card with firmware" which I still don't get :-[
    Thanks SO MUCH to whoever can help me :D

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

What is your current firmware number?

3. Holly951

Holly951 Member

How do I find that?

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Your flashcart menu,there should be a number there.

5. Holly951

Holly951 Member

It says it's version 1.00 but apart from that I can't find any other numbers that you might be talking about. Do I have to view the files on the computer or DS?

6. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

what r4 you got original or fake

7. Holly951

Holly951 Member

Pretty sure it's real, but I don't know how to tell :3

8. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

well take a picture of the r4 or tell me what site you get your updates from aka firmware

9. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Get firmware 1.18
    Get it from here
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

10. Holly951

Holly951 Member

Wait so the "version 1.00" is the firmware number?

11. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Yep I'm pretty sure it is.

12. Holly951

Holly951 Member

Thank you so much for that link!! I've got the download from the "R4 kernel download" link and I got the version 1.18 you were talking about. I clicked the "Download 1" link and not the "Download 2 (Worldwide) link. Is there a difference between the two? Just wondering btw.
    So, what do I do with this now? :3

13. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

So do you have the file?
    When you extract it you should get a folder called English (that's if your wanting to use the English firmware)
    Drag everything in the folder into your SD card.
    Also get rid of the current one in your SD card and replace with the one in the folder you've downloaded.

14. Holly951

Holly951 Member

I've opened it up with Winrar, so now I delete the old "system" and "moonshl" files and the old "DS Menu" and "DS MSHL" things and completely replace them with the ones I have here, yeah? Sorry, I'm a total newb to this, if it wasn't already evident >.< I just wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing ;D
    And sorry, what exactly will updating the firmware do? Will it enable me to play the newer games that people have posted? And stuff?

15. Holly951

Holly951 Member

Actually don't worry!! All the new games I got work perfectly fine now! Thank you so much for helping me johnx ;D ;D