1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Micro SD Card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MrDillDough, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDillDough

MrDillDough Member

When I try to format my Micro SD card, it says that windows is not able to complete format. I tried the quick format and normal format, but neither seems to work for me. Could anyone please help me? ???

2. knightroad

knightroad Well-Known Member

Try to safety remove the sd card, put it aside, then reboot your pc, then re-insert the T-flash or however you connect the micro sd to your pc, and then try to quick format again.

Otherwise you might have a dead card on your hands and you might just have to replace it, sorry mate if thats the case, good luck.

3. MrDillDough

MrDillDough Member

Is it a dead Micro SD when I click properties and it says 0 bytes used out of 0 bytes? :'(

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

0/0 ? It's not a dead card, it's a super card, it's trying to divide by zero!

What type of reader are you using? Do you have access to a different card reader? Maybe your current one is acting up. You may even try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for your card reader.

And yes, if your reader fails to recognize the MicroSD, it will read 0 for size, capacity, etc.

5. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

OK, it sounds as if you may have to throw this one out the window, personally, I'd make sure it's not a malfunction with the card reader first by testing it with another card, but otherwise I'd just by another one. And why were you reformatting in the first place? Was there a problem we aren't aware of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.