1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My micro sd card adapter stopped working

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by sithsquirrel, Nov 1, 2010.

1. sithsquirrel

sithsquirrel Member

I have this micro sd card reader from the r4 i got a few years back. When i first got the micro sd reader it worked perfectly, now my computer doesnt even recognize it anymore. can anyone help me with this problem?

2. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

corruption?

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the reader has probably died, its a common problem with the cheap readers supplied with flashcarts. just replace it

4. sithsquirrel

sithsquirrel Member

thanks for your responses, they really helped

5. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I would guess it's more than likely caused by a failed microSD card, because I just dealt with this myself. It's much more likely that the sd card itself burned out, not the reader.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The reader would show on the computer even if the microsd doesnt.

7. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I'm guessing the metal part of the reader didn't contact with the PC's card reader slot or the element part had some sort of problem that causes electrical failure. External devices such as memory card and USB devices receive a certain voltage from the PC/laptop to enable it to be readable. If I recall correctly its around 1.5volt to 3.0volt. Sometimes the problem may well lie in the PC's card reader slot not the card reader device itself. I suffered it from time to time and had to fiddle with the reader by moving it around to make it contact. Try to use an external multi card reader or buy a new card reader (best choice would be the USB stick version). This time around I've resorted to using external devices myself and not use the on board PC card reader slot. Hardly even think its the micro card that is the problem......simple deduction since the title itself says it all. :p

8. sithsquirrel

sithsquirrel Member

purchased a new one and it works like a charm. cost me 18$ though :'(

9. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Mine broke too...both of them.

I now use my MP3 player's Micro SD slot to put files onto it :p

10. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

LOL,I could use my TomTom

11. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Hm, good thing shoptemp sent me a free reader with my dstwo, so if the one I bought with my acekard dies I will have backup.

12. RizkyFz

RizkyFz Member

broken ? buy a new 1 ?