1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Limewire died...

Discussion in 'General News' started by Griffandir14, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

I didn't use Limewire, I just wanted an interesting title, Limewire lost the legal battle finally and the creator is looking at a fine of millions... I think. The service is over, It's just waiting for all of it's parts to realize the head has been cut off, sort of like a chicken. R.I.P. Limewire, you virus infested deathtrap for computers.

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Anti-virus = No limewire viruses, although i stopped using limewire once i started using youtube, so no real loss, i wonder if anyone still uses kazaa

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I use torrents, MUCH better.
    I thought that was dead.

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

No clue if it's dead, i haven't checked on kazaa in many, many years, i assumed it was still around

6. Griffandir14

7. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

Bearshare is better

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they're all virus infested. Besides, its P2P, it cant really be killed off.

9. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i hated limewire, i had 2 computers infested with viruses thanx to lime-virus. torrents are the way to go, or website uploaders like rapidshare, megaupload :)

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

People still use Limewire?

After the advent of torrenting (it's gotten so much better than before), I fail to see why people still use Limewire or a program similar to it. Not only is it virus infested, but half the songs aren't the right title name, and a lot of files aren't on the service.

11. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

is this really WORLD news?

12. Griffandir14

No, but it's not emulation news and it had to go somewhere.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I never used Limewire.
    I was always told that it was full of viruses, so I got away from it.
    So instead, I used iMesh...still got viruses, but now since I have grown older and understand more about computers, I don't use those shitty programs.
    Just Utorrent and Demonoid. :)

14. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

http://www.punknews.org/article/38686

15. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Soulseek, torrents and even buying the stuff works brilliantly.

16. Looped123

Looped123 Member

demonoid is the best, however it's very difficult to get an invite for an account.

17. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Demonoid is by far not the best tracker... what and waffles are just 2 that are much better. As for getting invites, Demonoid is incredibly simple, I have loads to give out for example.

18. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

i'll miss all the people that used to say "limewire messed up my pc" its like "no, you did". too bad though i bet pc repairmen are devastated to hear this as they probably profit from idiots using this program to download shit that they dont even know what it is.. haha

[sarcasm] download the new "Bush - Mouth.exe" and listen to it...its a short song.. the file is only 328kbs XD [/sarcasm]

19. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i would actually recommend using frostwire. it give you the option to have your AV scan everything you download before it saves. 0_o makes for greater protection.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would recommend not using any of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.