1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My laptop(s) aren't reading my micro sd card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by marcvh, Apr 29, 2010.

1. marcvh

marcvh Member

Title says enough i tried to search the forums, i tried to read it with several readers and on different computers, it keeps giving me this error:
    'Plaats een schijf of een ander geschikt medium in verwisselbare schijf (G:)'
    translated to English:
    'Insert a disc or other suitable medium in
    Removable Disk (G:)'
    Any thoughts on this? This occurred to me after my little brother asked me for Pokemon platinum on the Nintendo ds lite, i downloaded it from romulation, and had to remove some games for space, but i didn't had any errors, my ds runs a R4 card with the latest normal R4 firmware. whenever i try to run my DS it doesn't go any further than 'Loading'.
    I hope i gave sufficient information,
    sincerely Jordy (sorry if i forgot something that is vital.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Did you try ejecting it and then trying to put it in the computer again?

3. marcvh

marcvh Member

Multiple times, I've been trying for about 4 hours, in like 3 different laptops.
    thanks for the fast reply BTW :D

4. electromakumba

electromakumba Well-Known Member

Backup the sd and then format it, it should do the trick

5. marcvh

marcvh Member

that is the whole thing, I'm not granted access to it, if i check the properties of the storage thing it says 0 b, it's as like he doesn't read it, while at the same time the SD of my camera works just fine, with the same reader. meaning that the problem lies with my SD card.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Most likely corrupted. :\

R4s have a knack for corrupting MircoSD cards.

7. marcvh

marcvh Member

I've got this R4 for over a year now, never had a problem with it, let's say it is corrupted, is there something i could do about that?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No.

You could format it and try a program to recover the files, but there's a slim chance that you'll be able to recover that much. :\

9. marcvh

marcvh Member

I don't really care about the data on the SD i just want the SD itself.
    is that possible?

10. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

It happened to me after two years and i had to buy a new one :(

11. useurcamera

useurcamera Active Member

how about putting it in a blackberry or a phone that can read micro sd's??

12. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

If you have a camera and an adapter for the micro sd try putting it in the camera and through the camera format the card. When you turn the camera on it'll probably still say corrupt card or w/e but it should still let you format it. It might work after that. You can do that on a phone too I think if you dont have an sd adapter.

Based on what you said about being able to view the properties of the card and it said 0 I assume that it is listed there in your My Computers folder as an external drive. If it is there, can't you still pull up SDFormatter and select that drive and then format it?

Oh and... if those ways don't work then your card is really fried and you have to buy a new one. Sorry. R4s do tend to do that to cards sometimes. So do CycloDS's I've heard.