1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Korg DS ROM doesn't work in My R4! Any Ideas

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by nutter_27, Aug 4, 2008.

1. nutter_27

nutter_27 Member

I have downloaded Korg for the DS and it doesn't load i tells me that it doesn't read the card and to turn on and off again. Can anyone help?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Which flashcart are you using? Update your firmware by going to http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/. Also, wrong section.

3. nutter_27

nutter_27 Member

what do you mean by flashcart? I bought by ds in Japan, have a R4 ds Chip (NDSL/NDS) and a 2gb kingmax micro sd card.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Flashcarts are the "DS chips" you put your SD card into, and then periodically, you need to update it with firmware, so that it is compatible with games. Also, is your version 1.18?

5. anandjones

Yes R4 is called a flashcart. If you didn't know what it was called, I don't think you've ever updated your firmware before.

6. nutter_27

nutter_27 Member

I only ever put the stuff on the chip that I was first told to. I have never updated it. Please can you help

7. anandjones

Download the latest 1.18. Then extract it, take all the files in the english etc. folder, replace your previous firmware files on your MicroSD. Make sure you get the overwrite confirmation.

8. nutter_27

nutter_27 Member

Do i need all these?

# R4_v1.18_English.zip 5.11 MB
    # R4_cheat.dat_v1.02.rar 706 kB
    # R4_Cheat_Editor_v1.01.rar 397 kB
    # 3in1_Tool_for_R4M3Simply_.zip 23 kB 3in1 Tool for R4 and M3 Simply by Rudolph
    # R4_ROM_Trimmer_v2.0.rar 6 kB
    # R4_SAVE_Transform_v2.0.rar 241 kB
    # R4DS-SAVE-Transform.rar 241 kB
    # imgview0.6-for-R4.rar 1.90 MB

9. anandjones

No, just R4_v1.18_English.zip.

10. nutter_27

nutter_27 Member

Anandjones your a Genius!!

Many Thanks

11. anandjones

You know I just don't hear that enough :p

12. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

But I elaborated on the subject on what a flashcart was, so therefore, I am a genius also :D

13. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Albert Einstein was a genius... ::)

14. MoffatPHC

MoffatPHC New Member

I have a R4i Card with 2Gb kingston mirco SD card, i also have the latest firmware for it. It loads up the program fine and i can make music on it, but..... when it comes to save it sticks on the save screen. We have tryed everything. Can someone please help me as i will be playing shows with it soon???????????