1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Homebrew Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by da big E, Oct 4, 2007.

1. da big E

da big E Member

Well it's in the making but...

homebrew-spot

it's made to help noobs to the homebrew scene on the DS. In time it will have a full guide to getting started, reviews of popular hardware (R4 etc.), homebrew software downloads, a forum and more.

As is, I've only got a few little bits on and much of it needs updating. But, the forum is fully fledged as are some of the downloads and the first chapter of the getting started guide is complete. Along with this short list of features is a "my favourite sites" for homebrew- romulation is soon to be included.

Please post comments and advice. ;D

[W-EDIT] Changed the title to make a bit more sense, I almost deleted this thread.

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Re: please visit my site

Well... I checked it out. First thing to do is DITCH THE BACKGROUND. Notice that no professional sites you animated backgrounds. There's a reason for that, and it's that people can't take the eye pain and click 'x' to the quickest of their ability. Other than that, I noticed some weird English things, like extraneous words. This wouldn't matter so much, but even it titles for pages. Titles should be sweet, short and to the point. My other criticism is your free host. It bombards me with ads. It's awful. That's all I've got as of now, but good luck with the site.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Re: please visit my site

yep agree on all points,
    and really animated crap is just horrible, titles and the BG....blagh lol

4. da big E

da big E Member

ok ta- i'll try do something about it

5. cobradragon1020

cobradragon1020 Well-Known Member

That background is bad for the eyes

6. poiboy

poiboy Well-Known Member

well, i wouldn't say it bad on the eyes..a bit distracting maybe. but as much as i love the matrix..the animated background is a bit 1999 HTML for me. LOL

but good idea..and thanks for postingthis..hopefully you get some karma for it maybe.

who knows..at least you'll get props from noobs! ;D

7. Rockstar99

Rockstar99 Well-Known Member

HOLY man, YEAH that is distracting....I love the matrix, but I kinda spaced out and watched it going over and over for like 5 minutes then I was distracted and looked away, BUT mad site anyways!

8. cwazycwis

cwazycwis Member

OMFG a piczo website.... atleast get a freewebs...