1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My harvest moon ds save files crash when I load it.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mijzelffan, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mijzelffan

mijzelffan Member

So I downloaded Harvest moon ds v1.1, and I played it for a while on my dstt, but now whenever I'm trying to load one of my (in-game) files, it just crashes while playing the same tune. So does anyone know how to fix it (if it even can be fixed), because I'm pretty far in the game and I think it would be a pity if I had to start all over again.

download link of the harvest moon I'm talking about
    My harvest moon ds save file

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. mijzelffan

mijzelffan Member

ok, so now I have tried formatting my whole micro sd card, but my Harvest moon ds files still crash whenever I load one of the save files. And my micro sd card is a 4Gb scandisk, so it should be fast enough. Is there something else I could try to fix it?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If shunny web was currently running, you could try to convert it to a No$gba save file and load it in No$gba. If it crashes there too then you might just have a corrupted save file.

Unfortunately Shunny web is currently down due to server problems.

Did you use any cheat codes in your game? They can sometimes corrupt save files.

5. mijzelffan

mijzelffan Member

no, I didn't use any cheats at all, but I'll try Shunyweb when the converter works again.

6. mijzelffan

mijzelffan Member

So I have tried all the things you told me, and still it crashes whenever I try to load it T.T, does this mean it can't be fixed?

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

So No$GBA 2.6a crashes when you tried to load the converted save file? The save probably is corrupt then. Don't completely delete it incase someone else has a more concrete answer, but set it aside somewhere on your computer and make a new save file (load the game up with no save file on the MicroSD).

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, it has had problems with running saves that have been converted.

9. 26232811

26232811 Member

I Have actually encountered that problem when I first started using NO$GBA emulator. But I've recently figured how it works. You just have to change the nds save type from automatic or whatever is default to the proper save type of the game. In that way, you can save your game using the save game option in the game you are playing. P.S,, don't use the right click then save state in No$Gba because it doesn't work. And we developers haven't figured out the real problem.

10. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

What's teh difference between Harvest Moon DS v1.1 and the normal one?

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

V1.1 contains bug fixes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.