1. This forum is in read-only mode.

my first gamecube....

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ultra, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

i was watching a clip of luigi's mansion and a flashback of the first time i bought a gamecube along with the game luigi's mansion and remembered all the hype and talk about how super the graphics were on the gamecube. the first time i turned it on and saw the interface and how it looks with a nostalgic feel to it due to the cubic look on the menu's and such made it quite the joy to own a gamecube. when seeing the graphics of the game of luigi's mansion for the first time, it was breath taking. something that we could have never gotten from the past and felt like we have leaped a huge gap towards the future on console graphics, it was awe inspiring, it was amazing.

the use of lighting and shadows in the game were near perfect. the sound fits perfectly with the setting and the echoing of coins and footsteps hollowed as you walked in the hallways. the fluid animation of the ghosts as well as the main characters were amazing, they were smooth and full of character showing the expression of the characters face and mood when they got surprised.

it was amazing that nintendo and soon capcom that they managed to pull off such a feat.

btw, you can post your comments on your first nintendo console if you like.

also, i never payed higher then 40 dollars for my gamecube when it first came out. i paid for a repaired gamecube and fixed the lens issue myself. i bought it off ebay for 40 dollars complete with shipping and an additional controller. i never used the original triangular screw drivers that nintendo used. what i did instead was replaced the triangular screws with some machine screws you typically get at home depot, i believe the 3/4" or the 1/2" sizes which fits the gamecube perfectly. the only complaint about the screws is that they weren't philips head.

2. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

My first Nintendo console was a Gamecube too, except mine took more than $40 out of my wallet. It's the silver one... since the others look like ____. I didn't play it all that much because I didn't have many games nor was I overly inclined to purchase many games; just Pokemon Colleseium (couldn't care less how you spell it), some Tony Hawk game I picked up at Dominion for $15 and NHL 2006...or 2005 or something. The worst thing about it was I was stupid enough to take it back to ebGames and sell the Gamecube for $30. I can't believe I accepted the offer. >.<

3. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

I got my Gamecube for $100 AUD with Super Smash Bros, Animal Crossing and a memory card. Good deal!! :p I've never bought another game for it - though I've borrowed some of a friends brother who works at EB. Now I have a Wii, so all I really use are the games and the controller.

4. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Wow, I paid more than that and got no free games... or memory cards. :'(

5. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

Yeah. I got one hell of a deal :p