1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My eyes screwed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bikeboy99, Aug 6, 2010.

1. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/NDS/4904_-_Blue_Dragon_Awakened_Shadow_(U)(BAHAMUT).rar.html/#comments

while i was reading the comments i was moving my head around and the colour for the comments went from white to green depending where my head was , so can you have a look and tell me what you see? >_<

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Supposed to be like that

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep. :p

If you're worried about your eyes, wear sunglasses outside, don't stare at the sun or the moon for extended periods of time, don't look into machines' lasers, and don't sit close to the TV.
    Now I wear glasses, but that doesn't mean that some of those things have anything to do with ruining your vision. (The sun and moon for sure though).

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I can understand the sun ruining your eyes but the moon? really?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep. It's the sun's rays afterall. Galileo went blind from looking at the sun and the moon through a telescope, but the sun does far more damage than the moon does obviously.
    It takes a while though.

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

How long? I must know!

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

But all daylight is the suns rays so looking at anything could blind you?

8. MadmanNero

maybe that's what is wrong with me I been looking at things in the daylight! I told you that damn blazing ball was up to no good!

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

He looked at it from in his 20s until he went blind in his 70s. :p

No. Direct sunlight does. If you look at something, it won't hurt your eyes. (Unless it's the sun.)

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

And it's the non-visible radiation from the sun, not so much the light. Which is why looking directly at an eclipse is dangerous. Usually if you look at the sun, there is so much light that your eyes adjust and almost close down themselves, making the radiation exposure minimal. But during an eclipse there is so little light that looking directly at the sun does not cause the same reaction in your eyes. The other radiation is free to flood into your fully open iris and cause damage to the inner workings of your eye.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I love seeing those people on the news who watch an eclipse without any sort of eye protection. :p
    And they usually send out a warning before it even happens, weeks in advance in some cases.

12. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

As a kid, I always wanted to look at the sun with a pair of binoculars. I wanted to know if it could really blind you.

13. MadmanNero

Try it out and I guess let a family member tell us of the results.

14. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

I've done it before.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, if you keep doing it for 50 years you'll go blind. :p