1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My DS not reading new firmware

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by girlsjustwant2havefun, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girlsjustwant2havefun

girlsjustwant2havefun Active Member

Ok, so I got another flashdrive and was able to download the newest firmware onto my micro SDHC but when I put it into my DS it doesn't change anything. I still only have the v1.4 that it came with! I've tried taking it out and plugging the memory card back into my computer to see if maybe the firmware didn't transfer, but it's there! I've tried putting the micro in and out several times and nothing changes.

2. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

Try downgrading or use an micro sd card. did you use micro sdhc in your past games?

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

did you extract the firmware and overwrite the original files?

4. girlsjustwant2havefun

No, this is my first card.

As far as overwriting the original files; when I put it into my DS it just loads as usual and doesn't prompt me to download any new files or anything. When I put my micro into the computer it shows it having:

boot
    BIN file
    1,134KB

config
    XML Document
    1 KB

default.evoCheats
    EVOCHEATS File
    402KB

rest.mse
    MSE File
    77KB

update.evo
    EVO File
    1,802 KB

When I pull up my jzip archives to view, the update it reads:

Name Type Size Ratio Packed
    updat.evo EVO file 1,845,114 1,84......

I don't know if this is too much info or if it's even what your looking for, just trying to give you as much as I can, thought the more info you had, the easier it might be to help me.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you need to extract the new firmware you downloaded (on your PC) and copy the files onto the microSD. There is no auto updater, you must do it manually.

6. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

OK, I see you are using a CycloDS, correct?

You must first unzip the update.evo file and put it in the root of the SDHC, not in any folders. It will then see the file and ask to update the next time you boot. It will automatically delete the update file after updating. You will then be updated.

Hope that helps you.

7. girlsjustwant2havefun

:DThanks a bunch! That did it. It was just a dumb oversite on the non-tech savvy operator :-\. Okay so when I download ROMs, do I also put them in the root of the SDHC? Or is there something special I have to do? Is there a thread I should read first?

8. jazzasidari

jazzasidari Well-Known Member

no just create a games folder and put your Roms in there you can also listen to music play videos, read books and play hombrew games and applications

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

There is no specific directory in which you must have your ROMs in. It has a file browser..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.