1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Dog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kimvamp, Nov 22, 2009.

1. kimvamp

kimvamp Well-Known Member

My dog Carly never does as she's told even when i use a firm voice.Anyone have any ideas?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Your dog.... ?

I don't understand what are you trying to say....
    hmm.... OoO

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesar_Millan

4. kimvamp

She doesn't do as shes told lol

5. buy a new one

6. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

kick her

7. hi1116

hi1116 Well-Known Member

try taking her to obedience school.

8. kimvamp

yeah thats a good idea,and you can't kick a small dog thats just mean:p

9. TirithRR

By mean, I assume you mean funny?

10. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

LOL, you guys are too funny. I have two indoor cats and refuse to get a dog. Cats are cheaper, quieter, don't need to be trained to know who's alpha, and don't have to take them for walks twice a day. They don't need to be vaccinated every year, go for hair cutting, pills, nail clipping, etc, etc, etc.
    My brother's dog is so picky eating, went through a bunch of dog food and didn't like any of them, now she gets home cooked meals. I say let her starve for a couple of days, then she'll eat anything. More spoiled than kids.

11. TirithRR

Cats don't need to be trained to know who is the alpha because they already know they are the alpha.

And cats should be vaccinated every year. My cat is about 11 years old. He goes to the vet every 3-4 months. Blood tests every other visit screening for deadly things like Feline Leukemia, rabies vaccine, etc.

12. maggiemaymay

Probably true, but if they misbehave, a tap on the head and a firm "No" usually gets the message across.

13. TirithRR

Relevant comic is relevant:
    http://threepanelsoul.com/view.php?date=2009-10-13

14. kimvamp

Yeah but cats are loners dogs still see humens as part of their pack,because they still have that habit when they were descended from wolves.
    Post Merge: [time]1258941176[/time]
    opps forgot to ask how do i copy a quote?

15. TirithRR

My cat follows me around the house in the morning while I'm getting ready for work. He'll follow me into the bathroom when I take a shower and lay on the floor in the middle of the room waiting for me to get out. He sleeps on my chair at night waiting for me to get up. As soon as my alarm clock goes off he jumps down and waits by the door to my room.

Cats are social/pack creatures, just not mindless ones like dogs.

16. kimvamp

er...actully my dog does the same thing she follows me everywere i go too.does the exact same as your cat.She always goes out to the shops with me too.

17. maggiemaymay

Both my cats are like dogs. They follow me everywhere, sleep with me, jump on my lap. If I read a book, one of them would jump on the table and lay right across the book so I can't read it. Have to shoo her away. Same thing with my netbook. Lies right on top of the keyboard. Loves attention. Lots of times I have to lock them in the bedroom during dinner because don't want cat hair all over the food.

18. kimvamp

AWW whats there names?TirithRR sorry I think we got off to a bad start.I love cats and dogs its just that i've had dogs all my life.My Uncle has cats and I love petting them.

19. TirithRR

My cat stays off of tables. He's never tried to jump on them, so I've never had to tell him not to. He never goes in the kitchen either, even if he's following me he'll just stop at the dining room and wait for me to get back.

Sometimes he will try and sleep in the bed when I'm asleep, but I rolled over ontop of him a couple times. He usually just hops over to the desk chair when I go to lay down and he's on my bed.

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

stare at her until she looks away........and then make her stare at you.

start to give positive reinforcement (i.e. - treats or a pat) but only when she does something good.

and when she does something bad or doesn't listen, just wap her on the nose..

i tried this on my dog, but she's too dumb to listen.........but my male dog listens and that's what i did for him!!