1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My club penguin DS game wont work!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lausa101, May 21, 2010.

1. Lausa101

Lausa101 Member

My club penguin DS game wont work! iT comes up with a screen saying 'your save data could not be loaded please turn your game off and on again' And i did that and it showed the same screen what do i do? does anyone know???

Also I dont understand what "steph" means by this:
    FLASHCART - Update to the latest firmware for your flashcart (Linfox), usually involves replacing the old firmware files with the new files you have downloaded. If you still continue to get this error, try ARM7 patching it, look below for further details. These save errors happen due to newer ARM7 binary files which are not compatible with your flashcart/firmware. If you want specific details on how to update or install firmware on a specific flashcart (if the basic instructions are not helping), see this link

2. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

is it a rom or an actual cartridge?

if its a rom...what emulator are you using?

if its the actual game cartridge.. eww thats rough haha :'( if you are still within your warranty call the number in the game manual and they'll hook you up
    ...Some DS games can only be erased by turning on the system and selecting the game, then when the first logo appears holding ABYX and Start and Select..or UP, Select, and B...or something like that

hope that helps

3. Lausa101

Lausa101 Member

its a rom but I dont know what emulator im using its on my r4 and the chips host is N5

4. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

oh ok well there's plenty of people here that use flashcarts.. im not one of them so i'll try to help out until they can solve your problem..

have you ever "updated" your flashcart before? i couldnt find a tutorial on here that showed how but im sure if you go to google and type " how to update (insert your flashcart name here)'s firmware?" you could find a solution..

sorry i couldnt help more.. if you still dont have any lucky just wait.. the people here have lots of knowledge on this stuff and are usually happy to help ..

goodluck

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Well, have you tried patching the ROM?

6. robinisslim

robinisslim Member

You have to ARM-7 patch it

7. Lausa101

Lausa101 Member

Sorry...:( i dont know what you mean or how to patch it?? sorry :(

8. sidewinderjpf

sidewinderjpf Member

having the same problem on the dstt

9. Geminis076

Geminis076 Well-Known Member

Hi Lausa101. If I had a little more time to type I would help you out with more details. At the time of this message, it was about 3:30 am and I was learning how to set up an Acekard 2i for a DSi, and now I'm moving on to installing the new WOOD firmware for my R4 (which may not be a bad thing for you to look into).

Anyway briefly, what "patching" and "arm 7" are referring to is: basically you can try to replace a file that's currently in the non-working rom (the game that you downloaded) with a file from a rom that is working smoothly - I believe the file you are replacing is called "Arm 7" which is where that term comes from. You will need to download a program that will help you do this, I learned and use something called the MaxCrassMethod and I find it to be very simple. Romulation has a Tutorial section within the Help tab, I saw at least two tutorials on how to patch a game, but I didn't really read them closely and looks like they do use other programs. You can also do an internet search for "how to patch a rom", what may be the most helpful is to go on YouTube.com where you can do a similar search but see a visual tutorial.

I think the MaxCrassMethod, which is what the program is called, is considered outdated, but it should still do the job and I find it to be very user friendly. If anyone else knows of an easy to use patcher please post.

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

[me=Stanley Richards]claps.[/me]