1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Chinese Coach etc.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by leafpanda, Aug 28, 2008.

1. leafpanda

leafpanda Active Member

How are these games? I know a jist of Chinese,so I might want to see how crappy of a job Ubisoft does teaching it.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Tell me if it teaches absolute beginners. :)

3. leafpanda

leafpanda Active Member

I'll make a review =P

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'll check this game out... I will CONQUER CHINA ONE BY ONE!

First, to master teh language....

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to check out these language games, I'll get it later.

6. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

I have the Chinese one and I'm not too far but it does start out from the beginning. You have little games that have the words, you can hear them, see their symbols and spellings, learn to write the symbols, and pronunciation that you can record and play in sync with the game's pronunciation. Worth a download and to try out a bit.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Hope there'd be a My Japanese Coach game made too.

8. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Ya and a My English Coach. (>^.^)>

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

There's no way in hell they would make a proper My English Coach.

There's just too many exceptions to every rule.

Over 50% of the native speakers can't even get it right. lol
    (Maybe not 50, but it's up there).

That's also hard because they would have to make several different versions for different languages.

English is the unifying language so it is easier to make a game that starts in English and goes to another.

My English Coach would definitely max out the cartridge size to compensate for all of the different languages. Either that, or have a ton of different releases in each language.

10. anandjones

Yeah guess so. It's the most weirdest and complicated language. Such as words not sounding as they sound as well as Country variations in words.

11. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Id be fun to see them come out with different versions of the same language. There is the American, British, Canadian....

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It gets worse than that, there's tens of versions of English in England alone.

13. Gnizzle

Gnizzle Member

There's one coming out in about 3 weeks, at least in the US.

14. foligno

foligno New Member

I've played all three that are currently released - My Spanish Coach, My French Coach and My Chinese Coach. (My Japanese Coach is soon to be released!)

All three games start from the very basics, I've only really played My Spanish Coach properly but I'm on lesson 12 of French and lesson 3 of Chinese.
    My French Coach is more or less identical to the Spanish game, obviously with a differently language though :p. My Chinese Coach gives you the oppurtunity to write the Chinese letters/symbols out using your stylus, so basicly you can learn the whole language.

My Spanish Coach starts by teaching you basic conversation, then it moves onto conjugations(sp?) of the different words like "to have","to need","to go". I am on lesson 36 at the moment and still have alot to learn, but I can speak to my spanish friends quite well and understand alot of what they are saying. My friend actually told me "Hey your Spanish is great! How did you learn?". :)

Each lesson follows the same structure, you learn the conjugation of a word and 10 verbs to go with it, or just ten verbs. They show you the English and Spanish meaning, and when you touch the word it has a woman speaking the word out loud. Then you move onto your first mini-game, which could be anything from wordsearch to hit-a-word(hit-a-mole, but with words). After your first game, you are shown how what you've been taugh could be used in a conversation, and then you have another game to finish the lesson.

To ensure you learn the words properly and don't miss out, you are given a quota of points to achieve for each words, and every time you get a word right you will get a set amount of points taken away from that word quota. So after mastering all 10 words in a lesson, you are allowed to move onto the next lesson.

To save me from explaining anymore, I suggest you just get these games. These are probably the most useful tool for learning a language that I've ever seen, and I really can't wait for them to release more.

15. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I've actually gotten pretty far on the My Spanish Coach. I skipped level 1 and went to level 2.

I still haven't gotten to "past perfect tense," which is where I'm at in real life spanish (like the class).

16. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

Is there one for German?

17. anandjones

Yeah there's supposed to be one.

18. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I'm with ya, bro. :)

I've been playing My chinese Coach, it starts with the basics, that's good. I'll try out the french one when school starts, to give me the edge. :p

19. Rhamsey

Rhamsey Member

i have just started playing the chinese one, and its pretty good. already ive learned a few phrases, and hopfully with some of the features i havent really gotten to yet (like writing and stuff) i will actually retain the information, unlike the latin classes i took in high school.
    edit: ok, so im playing pokemon pearl right now, and am wishing that My Japanese Coach came out first. i am so confused on the story, and have no idea what moves im doing. at least some of the placements are the same.

20. foligno

foligno New Member

erm... why don't you download the US or EU versions of Pokemon Pearl then?