1. This forum is in read-only mode.

My Acekard doesn't fit properly in my XL

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Singularity_UK, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

I'm not really expecting this to be fixed but I just wanted to know if anyone else has the problem, and if there's anything that can be done about it. When I put my Acekard 2i into the DSi XL it's always a little loose, and when it's knocked even a little bit it freezes. Obviously this has lead to several crashes without me saving, and this is especially infuriating after I've been playing a RPG for a long period of time.

Is there anything that can be done about it? Or have I just got a shyte Acekard here?

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yes there is, use the paper trick, you can find here go to contact issues: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=52218.0

3. Singularity_UK

Okay, it's at the point where the slightest bump disconnects the cart from the machine and the game freezes. I can't play like this. The paper trick seems inefficient. I've got an R4i but it doesn't seem to want to load any firmware, unless I'm doing it wrong.

Help would be appreciated. I'm tempted to just buy a DSTwo or whatever it's called, although I'd rather not have to fork out the money.

4. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

Try some kegal exercises, usually makes it tighter.

5. Ultra_Blue

Ultra_Blue Member

Oh wow, who called the comedian?

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

You called................

Maybe some Polyfilla

7. Singularity_UK

Heh, it's alright, I cut out a sheet of thin plastic and use it to wedge the card in. Not the most elegant solution, but it does the job I suppose. I can now close my XL and move it without fear of it freezing/switching off.