1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Music

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 01427, Dec 3, 2007.

1. 01427

01427 Well-Known Member

I've been searching for a better site to download music. I've been listening from CDs and radios which are good, but the site that I'm using to listen and download music is a bit crappy so recommendations please.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

torrents are likely your best bet.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Torrents, or Limewire if you dare.

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

This YouTube video is cool; it explains how you can get songs from Google Search. The more important stuff is in the description.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pbMMFcOYgGs

5. eden2812

eden2812 Well-Known Member

One of the ways was to use add-ons for FireFox like "un-plug", download the music video of the song off youtube, run it through a encoder like SUPER and voila.

But thats pretty long-winded.

Before this, there was e-snips, but recently they installed a new policy that now prevents downloading... Oh well.

6. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Limewire or Youtube (you can download from Youtube through softwares available at C-NET or Softpedia)

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Or maybe use those download engines like Kazaa or Ares.

8. eden2812

eden2812 Well-Known Member

Previous experiences with Kazaa tells me its full of spyware, etc. Ares is much better though.

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm currently using Ares.

10. Mikeyface

Mikeyface Member

I really enjoy Pandora.com

It's a website where you can put in music you like (artists or songs) and it uses information from the Music Genome Project to find other music you might like. You can put in loads of different artists and tracks to really fine tune it too. I sound a bit like a salesperson, but it really is cool!

Found quite a few new bands and songs off it since I found it. The downside is that it's not portable and you can't actually select what you're listening to, but it's still awesome.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I use pandora too, although supposedly it doesnt work outside the US (their licenses only permit them to serve the US.) Although I have never had a problem using it in the UK, Seph got blocked a couple of years ago when they went 'US only'

12. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

And ya I use Imesh too,not so cool though.

13. Reider

Reider Modereider

I use Pandora every once in awhile, but I tend to skip songs too much and their license only lets you skip so many within the period of an hour...

14. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

That google works...well at least it works most of the time.

15. Void

Void Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it, a site similar to "Pandora" is www.slacker.com . It's an internet radio. Again, only stream, but I don't see why it wouldn't function outside of the US.

16. 0790

0790 Well-Known Member