1. This forum is in read-only mode.

music section maybe?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by shamus486, Jul 29, 2008.

1. shamus486

shamus486 Member

I don't know, might just be me, but I would think that a music discussion section would be a good idea. I know that when I play on an emulator, most of the time I'm rocking out to "custom soundtracks" haha....so what do you guys think?

2. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Well a music section from games would be awesome. Also downlaoding them would be cool too.... But its up to the mods, one of whom will be replying soon... either Loonylion or Seph or Reider or some other admin

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Music and movie sections have been discussed before, its outside the scope of this site, hence the name romulation, and not musicnation or movienation. There are a few music threads around 'what are you listening to?' is pretty popular, so use them. I dont think we need a whole section for it, itll just get redundant after a while.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Exactly, the site isn't focused on music, so would be pointless to create boards for sections that would barely get used. Also, only Admins can add boards :)

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

There was one of the Custom or derived audio works whichdid;t go well was deleted by the admins, this board is likely not to come up.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

As vincent stated, there was a board for game related music by our members, it never got anywere so was deleted after about 6 months.

7. anandjones

Because barely anyone can remix game tracks.

8. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

well there is a Sports section and a Current events section, neither of which have anything to do with the site. It is just general discussion and I agree that a music section would be great.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there was one and you never did anything with it...

10. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

A music section will just clutter the place up...
    What will it have?
    "Guess the lyrics" - haven't seen that thread in a while
    "What are you listening to" - that one seems to have disappeared also
    And maybe a "Pink Floyd are cool" thread...

If you want to talk about music...and I'm guessing there are few people who do,
    why not keep it in General Discussion?

11. anandjones

Not What are you listening to and Guess the lyrics and those type of topics are mostly "post again" ones, basically just thinking off songs off the top of your head.