1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Multiple personality disorder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by excentricperson, Oct 7, 2009.

1. I know someone who has it. It is really annoying.
    DISCUSS

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I don't have the disorder-but at times I switch from 'happy spam happy" to "destructive sadictc terror" or even "psyco path".

It's why I prefer to keep my remaining friends online-no one get's hurt that way.

And a head check is what I need right now-no time-forcing all of my energy into keeping a smile for my retail job makes me sleepy after work is over.

3. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Is this the same as a split personality?

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You mean schizophrenia?

5. diskjocki

All these complicated words are confusing me T_T

6. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i think this disorder is cool

7. nikume101

nikume101 Well-Known Member

MDS has an alter ego....

8. Not really. The person who I know that has the disorder is constantly switching between hostile and friendly personalities.

9. diskjocki

Ah so it is a split personality... I have that too, it's not really a "disorder" but one of my personalities is happy, excited, energetic & loud. My other personality which is what personality I have usually is the complete opposite. It's been months since they've changed regularly, usually for about half an hour or even only a few minutes I'll be my happy side, then it switches to the depressed side & stays like that for a while.

10. ARGH!!! You don't get it. This person has two personas. One of his characters is a nice guy and the other is a very hostile and negative person. I am not talking about emotions or anything.
    @Nat-Schizophrenia is a different mental illness.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

DID then?

I don't know many people that have disorders besides a few people with dysthymia (chronic depression, I had this at one point), a person with bipolar disorder, and I have a nephew that has down syndrome. I'm sure it's not that bad, it'd get annoying but you have to understand that it's not maintainable.

Moofie and mds, I don't think you guys have it. If you do get a psychiatrist's diagnosis and I'd believe, otherwise no. I think you guys are getting confused with emotions or personas.

This is probably the stupidest thing I've read in this forum. Having a disorder or mental illness is not cool, or fun, or give you super powers.

12. Yes they are getting confused. Multiple personality disorder is not an emotion. It is a mental illness.

13. diskjocki

Hmm. I still fail to see the difference, meh don't bother trying to explain, I won't understand xD

14. bad316

bad316 Member

example... (The forum guy) = acts cool in forum keeps blabbing etc etc just in forums...

(Real world guy) = not that cool shy type

are those things qualified as multiple personality disorder?

15. Not really. Good try though.

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's an actual mental illness. Meaning something wrong with your brain or your brain is wired a different way. Multiple personalities means different emotions, patterns, different ways of percieving your environment, a different mindset. There's also some memory loss involved too.

Definitely not, that's not a mental illness. If that were the case, everyone would have a mental illness.

17. nikume101

MDS could star in the film "Me, Myself and Irene"

18. bad316

bad316 Member

so it means like a person that doesn't stick to 1 personality??

Or just keeps on acting different??

19. nikume101

If it's acting then its not real split personality..

20. @Bad316-Watch this movie: 'Me, Myself and Irene'