1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mt. Mayon WOOOHOO!

Discussion in 'General News' started by bhatooth, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

http://english.pravda.ru/news/world/21-12-2009/111280-volcano-0

this year is going out with a bang!

update:too bad it didnt....
    its calm for now some evacuees already returned home

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

it going to redefine "fireworks"

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

yep we have the most awesome christmas and new years celebration

4. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

it's scary, if the eruption continues, the whole country will be covered again with dark ashes... anyway happy new year!!

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

i'm not worried about that, i'm more worried about the people around the volcano, they have suffered enough from typhoons, can't they be spared from another calamity? hope a christmas miracle will happen and stop the eruption.

also, the old church tower is already under "lahar", it would cover even the tower, what a waste, if i have the power to do that, i would save that historical site.

6. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

start of 2012

j/k

it erupted this morning?

7. damanali

damn tourist. why must they go to the restricted zone? good thing the military has no trigger happy moments there. if they were in the merry shooting spree, they could just make the volcanic eruption the cause of those deaths...

8. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

because they're stupid.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The article doesn't mention tourists... it mentions the locals that keep going back to their homes even though they are told to leave and are removed by the armed forces.

10. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

I agree. I feel bad for the people who'll lose their homes this year... especially after Ondoy. :(

Come to think of it, 2009 has been such a shaky year what with Ondoy, Cory's death, Manalo's death, the swine flu scare and everything else. I hope Mayon won't add to the casualties.

11. damanali

well, it has updated news, but since i'm not the thread starter, i dont think i can just post updated news about this... but in a updated news, it got tourist going to the foot of the volcano where the lava is not flowing which is still dangerous...

12. TAYLOR2O

TAYLOR2O Well-Known Member

what kind of bang?

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

A volcanic eruption, but it seemingly didn't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.