1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Movies and games NES SNES Genesis on Flashcarts

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dragneon007, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I heard there was a way to play NES SNES GENESIS And other similar systems on a flashcart

Is there something I need to download? I have a acekard2i

and I just drag and drop NDS games but I would love to play some classics on the Flashcart, but not sure if i need to download anything for it?

also I heard I need a moonshell thingy for movies? and again I'm pretty new to the whole flash cart scene and roms

2. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

just download , snemulds(snes emulator) ,jenesisds(megadrive) and nesds (nes),for snemulds you need to creat a folder and name it snesand put snes roms inside ,for the other to emulators just drag and leave it on the root!and if you want movies convert your videos to dpg,then download moonshell2 to play your movies ,watch pics etc...

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You need Emulators to play those other systems. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=5002.0 For movies, use SUPER converter or BatchDPG to convert a movie to NDS-MPEG (.dpg) format, that can be played back with MoonShell.

4. dragneon007

Dude! I F***ING lOVE YOU GUYS! now that I learned a bit more today where Could I download the moonshell from this site?

5. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Check out Anandjones website, click his [​IMG] siggy and check out the homebrew section. :)

6. dragneon007

This gonna be a stupid question... but which one do I download? I mean which is like the latest working one?

7. anandjones

Latest version is on Moonlight's homepage http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/

8. dragneon007

Nice! ok I'm almost done bothering you lol Soo.. mooneshell just drag and drops into any part of my flash cart? or do I need to do something eles? like creat a new file or download something eles or tweak anything?

last question. I noticed in your Emulator thread, that someone said not all SNES game's run on DS, is that true?
    because I tried super mario all stars and it worked along with street fighter, but Super starwars return of the jedi does not work? so does that mean I would need to Tweak the settings or download some sort of patch( not really gonna go through the trouble just asking ) but is it possible to run almost any SNES game on ds? like star wars, starfox, or something like mortal kombat which I heard rumors that they don't run or run well.

Final question from the snes topic lol I noticed when I download games like DS theres only one ROM but when I download SNES ROMS I get like 50 files? but I noticed this especially with games like supermario all stars which have like japanese versions and versions without Mario world, are thoes extra files or just file's that are needed to run smoothly?

Sorry for soo many questions on Moonshell and SNES I'm a major noob and if I learn anything I will help thoes in need lol
    Thanks again man.

9. anandjones

Yes, the emulators are far from perfect. For Moonshell, simply have the MOONSHL2 folder and .nds file on the root(first directory/main) of your MicroSD. For the multiple ROMs, they are simply included romhacks, translated versions, etc. Read here for more information. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1359.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.