1. This forum is in read-only mode.

MOTORCYCLES

Discussion in 'Sports' started by iwantndsroms, Nov 23, 2009.

1. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

does anyone own a motorcycle or a moped on here or has had in the past?i am a motorcycle mechanic and have had over a 1000 bikes in my life only got 23 bikes and a car at the moment though(really).make it 25 now :)

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I own a GSXR-750. My dad is more into cruiser bikes, as he is more concerned about comfort than his 0 to 60 time.
    miros

3. iwantndsroms

what model gsxr ?a srad or a k model or one of the old slabsiders i used to work in a suzuki dealers got a diploma for a course i did in 1994 lol

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

It is a SRAD. I wish I could ride it one more time this year, however down where I live the weather is getting a bit chilly, so I think that I am done riding it for this year.
    miros

5. iwantndsroms

cool they are a quick bike,where do you live then in the uk ?i have got one of those at work at the moment with carburettor problems i have to fix 98 model :(

6. shirleyj

shirleyj Member

My hubby has been rebuilding a Suzuki GS1000E and it takes pride of place in our living room, it lives there simply because we have no garage or anywhere else for it lol. He's worked very hard and quite a lotof the bits he has made himself. :) 8) :p

7. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I live in the US. To say that they are quick would be an understatement in my opinion. Good luck with your carburetor!
    miros

8. iwantndsroms

ah a nice old (heavy)bike the gs1000e i havent worked on one of those since 1991 you dont see alot of them anymore the worst thing about them is the handling apart from that they are a fast machine and built well,good luck to the hubby with the modifications.i have a good source of knoledge of these bikes if you need any advice including orginal spec.i am a trained suzuki mechanic too :)

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No bike, but I have my license. (almost anyway, have to wait for this stupid winter to end before I can get my final test)

10. shirleyj

shirleyj Member

its not exactly standard anymore lol, just as well hubby is a trained mechanic as well.

11. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

LOL,I used to like motorbikes until I was on the back of one and my mates brother had it up to 148mph

12. shirleyj

shirleyj Member

not sure if I can post photos on here, if so I'm not sure how to or I would show you all his pride and joy

13. iwantndsroms

ive ben just over 190mph !on a gsx1300r hayabusa when i used to work in a suzuki dealers it was one of the first ones out a horrible sandy coloured one errrrrrghhhhhhh

14. The Beef

The Beef Member

I have a Kawasaki ZZR600, it's a 1993 L model. It's in mint condition and have original bill of sale etc for it. It's quite quick for it's size & age. It's only done 16k miles.

15. 8bithaven

8bithaven Member

I have a Zuma 50cc. Its alot of fun to ride I started a scooter gang called the MOPED MAFIA we do alot of groug rides in the summer. HeHe mine isn't stock I have modified the motor it runs around 50 on flat ground and about 70 downhill.

16. iwantndsroms

the only bike i have heard of calle a zoomer its made by honda is that the same as yours?
    Post Merge: [time]1261931828[/time]
    they are a good bike the zzr600's i had one up to 155mph once and i have had a zzr1100 just over 180mph

17. 8bithaven

8bithaven Member

No mine is a Yamaha Zuma 2008 scooter.

18. pegleggedone

pegleggedone New Member

howdy, i'm a member of the moped mafia too. the only reason he souped his scooter up is because i kept beating him on my honda ruckus.

19. 8bithaven

8bithaven Member

LOL pegleg you sore loser you dont cry to these people. Pegleg is not a member of the MM he is the cofounder.

20. iwantndsroms

ok lol,wehre is your moped mafia gang then in the uk or??????