1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mother Series For Ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by macmankid, May 31, 2010.

1. macmankid

macmankid Member

I love Earthbound and mother 1 and 3. How cool would it be if they were on the Ds

2. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

I havent played them myself, but they are good games.

It would be nice if they came to the DS, but the creator of Mother said he was done with the series after 3.

3. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

They weren't really fun games for me, i guess it would be fine on the ds.

4. three_strangers

three_strangers Well-Known Member

Dude, I am waiting for the day when all 3 Mother games gets re-released. I was crying at the end of M3. I DO NOT CRY WHEN PLAYING GAMES. Too bad they can't put Earthbound on VC. Stupid legal issues...

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

What is the Mother series?

6. sylar1000

Earthbound in the US.

Mother 1/Earthbound 1/Zero was released on the NES, wasn't called Earthbound 1, but i'm calling it that
    Mother 2/Earthbound in the US was for the SNES
    Mother 3 was for the GBA, it was gonna be for the 64 but they put it on the GBA i think

Also Mother 1 and 2 had a gba re-release.

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

... Are they good games?

8. sylar1000

Well, i didn't like Earthbound, nor did i like Mother 3, but lots of people have said they are good games, it's very subjective to each person. They're turn based games with a First Person battle system, like some of the Shin Megami Tensei games. Earthbound is like that, Mother 3 is like that but it's also based on rythemn and such while battling.

9. macmankid

macmankid Member

They are Great Games

10. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

to the people who want to try earthbound, here's a piece of advice that you guys should take to heart:

Read all the dialogues, each and every single one of them, even from random people.

11. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

Motherf***ingly fantastic games that are way above most RPGs for a very simple reason: they acknowledge the PLAYER's existance. The main focus is, in one way or another, both pleasing and challenging the person that's holding the controller, rather than making a cold and unpassionate game that only exists for it's own sake and the player role is to serve as a "forward input".

1 is old, flawed and semi-broken; there are some really interesting bits for the most patient ones, but it's the one you could file under "passable".
    2/EarthBound is incredible and ranks up there with Dragon Quest V as one of the most personal and passionate gaming experiences I've ever had. What starts as a random chain of events ends up feeling like a childhood summer trip.
    3 is just outstanding. "Strange, funny and heartrending", as the japanese slogan says. You'll most probably cry.

12. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

Earthbound (snes) fuckin rules man, multi-bottle rockets, frying pans, home run bats, every game should have these hahaha

- "auto battle" was awesome (you could run into a low level mob and auto-win!) free exp
    - higher difficulty than most rpgs
    - great story
    - Say " fuzzy pickles!!!!!"

13. Skarigon

Skarigon Member

Oh, how I wish this could exist.

Earthbound and Mother 3 are 2 of my most favorite games.

14. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

The mother series is brilliant and deserves a remake or at least a port in my opinion,yet with these odds it seems it's almost impossible to happen.Imagine playing mother in 3d as if mother 64 existed.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Mother 64 does exist, it's called Mother 3.

16. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

and it was translated to english a long time ago ......mother3.fobby.net

17. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

And it's not for the 64, it's on GBA. lol