1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mother 3's Gameplay

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

For those of you who've been playing Mother 3 lately thanks to the recently released translation patch, didn't you notice that the game's a bit on the easy side? Yeah I still can't get a grip on the combo system yet but the game's difficulty seems to be a bit easy. Compared to Mother 2 (Earthbound on the SNES) where it took me several levels before I could even venture near the outskirts of Onette. Mother 1 was even worse, just a few ways outside your house battles were tough. In this latest game, enemies seem too mediocre in terms of toughness, that first end of chapter boss, that Mecha-Drago (which by the way sounded lame, the translators should just called them T-Rexes :p ) wasn't that hard to beat, that is if you forgot to thrust the Drago's Fang item in him.

But story wise, this game's kinda intruiging, I wonder how this ties in with the other two?

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

It got pretty rough as I got closer to the end, but I'm one of those people who likes to play underleveled. :p

The only thing I'll say on the story is that its definitely a lot darker than Earthbound ever was.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Thanks for the heads up Reider, I'll definitely look forward to that. I'm still on the second chapter though, I'm just taking things slow.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Wha? This is in the Earthbound series? I thought there was only one. Shit.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I'm already on the third chapter, but it's a let down though, why is that (to prevent any spoilers) the character on this chapter?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Pretty good so far, for some reason I failed at the part where you have to fight 3 fireflies. Took me a while to beat them. I never did train properly on Earthbound so..

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

FINAL EDIT:

Yay! I just beat the game & it was worth it ^_^

8. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

I'm before the boss battle with the three barrier statues. I'll beat them once I look up a strategy since my usual one didn't work on them.

Awesome game, even if I cried a couple of times. Even if I suspected some of the events, I still cry depending on the events.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The way to beat the Barrier Statues is to alternate between Fire, Ice & Thunder PSI, also you should have several thunder bombs with you, with Lucas using PSI shields on everybody.

10. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Mother 3 - Earth bound 3
    right ?

With that character Nes and his baseball bat ?

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its part of the Earthbound series, yes, but I think its actually Earthbound 2. (Mother 2 was released in the US as Earthbound, if I remember correctly)

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

loony's right, Earthbound for the SNES is Mother 2, Mother 1 was for the NES, unreleased except in Japan & Mother 3 is for the GBA.

Woah Nasty banner there loony :eek: