1. This forum is in read-only mode.

most recent firmware that works on an R4 Revolution ?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jute, Dec 27, 2012.

1. jute

jute New Member

just got given an R4 Revolution SDHC (NDSL /NDS ) for my DS Lite

my latest firmware its running is 1.34 is there a way to get it to play / run games from 2012?

seriously was over the moon but i have no clue now what games i can run i downloaded a buncha NDS files and all of them just whitescreen accept ones like yoshi touch n go harvest moon farming frenzy ect

any help would be Great

But yeah its Excatly written on the cart

R4 sdhc

Revolution

(NDSL/NDS)

2. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@Dark Infernape,

His cart is R4 SDHC Revolution for DS v.1.34. The links you gave are for R4 Revolution for DS v.1.18, that cannot use SDHC SD MICRO cards. They are 2 different flash cartridges.

4. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

5. Prectorian

Yellow Wood Goblin the creator of WOOD secondary firmware only made updates for these flash cartridges;
    1. R4 Revolution for DS v.1.18 (also known as R4 Original) and it's 1:1 clone; M3 Simply
    2. Acekard R.P.G.
    3. R4i Gold made by R4ids.cn and R4idsn.com

All the rest that uses the name 'WOOD' are not from YWG, and they had been abandoned for quite sometimes. So even if one do exist, it'll not make new games run/work. Thus pointless to add/use.

6. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

7. Prectorian

It's quite alright, we won't want the OP to use the wrong files. :)

He should use YSMENU/TTMENU as secondary firmware.
    In another topic he tried using my files meant for R4 original without checking for compatibility.
    He's supposed to use the files from RetroGameFan's Multicart folder 'R4_SDHC - R4i_SDHC folder' : CLICK HERE TO TOPIC