1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Most games GBA games wont work on my Cyclods Evolution

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by abcgummy1791, Mar 14, 2010.

1. abcgummy1791

abcgummy1791 New Member

Out of the 34 GBA games I've downloaded only seven work. When I load them up, I get the gameboy logo and then it freezes. Sometimes it goes black, sometimes white, and sometimes I hear the sound messing up. Does anyone have a cyclo out there who knows how to fix this? They cant all be unusable because I've seen people talk about having them on thier cyclo.

Good:
    Castlevania Aria of sorrow, Classic nes castlevania, classic nes metroid, golden sun, metroid zero mission, metroid fusion, sonic advance

Bad:
    Advance wars, Advance wars 2, Castlevania circle of the moon & harmony of disonance, Doom I, Doom II, Final Fantasy I&II, V, VI, Final Fantasy Tactics advance, Fire Emblem, Golden sun the lost age, Mario and Luigi Superstar saga, Megaman and Bass, Megaman zero 1-4, Pokemon emerald, leaf green, sonic advance 2, sonc battle, super mario advance 1-3, wolfenstein 3D

I'm using:
    CycloDs Evolution- Firmware 1.57, I can launch it from the GUI and it auto patches or use GBAExploder. Either way I get the same results.

Please Help!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you using an EZFlash 3 in 1? Is it the + version or the old non-plus version?

I haven't tried playing since I updated to 1.57, but I played FFTA, Golden Sun, Mario and Luigi, and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories all without issue back on 1.56

3. abcgummy1791

abcgummy1791 New Member

My receipt says EZV 3 in 1 Expansion Pack (GBA Size). So I'm guessing that it is the old version. I have the one for the DS Phat. Do I need the + you think?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, I have the normal, non-plus one. Are they clean roms? (No patching?).

Try installing 1.56 and seeing if it works?

5. abcgummy1791

abcgummy1791 New Member

Went back to 1.56. No luck. I downloaded all my roms on romulation. I've tried both US and EU versions. Is there a place to get clean, unpatched roms?
    Post Merge: [time]1268670379[/time]
    ttt