1. This forum is in read-only mode.

More SRPGs like FFT A2?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Qwik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Qwik

Qwik Member

Like the title says, I'm looking for games like Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

Games I've tried:
    Disgaea DS (Loved it)
    Dawn of Heroes (Didn't really enjoy this game at all)
    SMT: Devil Survivor (Loved it)
    Advance Wars Series

That's about it. Any and all recommendations welcome, long as they are SRPGs. thx in advance =)

EDIT: Been going through the rom requests threads and trying to download some SRPGs and I've noticed most of them are dead links or go to Megaupload. If someone could re-up The Luminous Arc Series to Mediafire, that would be awesome =)

2. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Maybe FF: Revenant Wings.

3. fabgassie11

fabgassie11 Member

You might like the Luminous Arc series, but they don't require as much strategy as the ones you liked, and many people don't really like them, though I really love them ;)

4. AnimeLovee

AnimeLovee Well-Known Member

I second this, i love that game too. currently waiting for the 3rd installment of the game :)

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Fire Emblem is also right up your alley. Although, I don't like the permanent death thing.

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was playing 6 and I was losing one guy a chapter. I was all rageface.

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I learned to play super defensively. There's been plenty of times I wanted to just charge in there with shit blazing, but then I'd lose 3 or 4 units.

Still great games though. Radiant Dawn is pretty good, except I just don't like playing as Micaiah or whatever her name is. She sucks, and so does most of her team.

8. Zydaline

Zydaline Well-Known Member

Lol, I just camp in Arena stages until everyone's lvl 20. Then I go in and beat the shit out of them.
    Also TS, have you tried the FF Tactics for the GBA and PSP/PSN? Different storyline, equally good - though both are harder, especially the latter.

9. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

im a big fan of fire emblem, I have one 3 or 4 of them, Im playing some japanese one on ds, i recommend it highly.
    the perma death thing is made to be like a real army

10. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Luminous Arc 1 and 2, I love those games. DS has awesome SRPG games.

11. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Rondo of Swords
    Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the plume
    Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth Remix ( WARNING: Hard game, in many ways)

12. kylera

kylera New Member

If you're willing to hit GBA again, there's also the Super Robot Taisen series. The first few stages are pretty easy, but get really hard later on.

Even with cheats.