1. This forum is in read-only mode.

More forum sections

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The general discussions section is well... too general why not make a section dedicated on general discusions on the games industry & technology as a whole, a discussions section about the world, a discussions section involving some mental processing etc

Oh & a section where one can talk about American & foreign cartoons , movies, TV Shows & comics could be good too. :)

Also why not a counseling section, you never know if there's a member out there thinking of commiting suicide, from stress caused by gaming lol

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We've been considering a larger restructure of the forum indeed. It would have to maintain the current sections, (though they could be renamed) as the threads there would be too much to move.

Suggestions for sections would be most welcome. Something such as Gaming Discussion with subforum Consoles and Handhelds. A General Discussion with World News, Debates etc. would also be interesting.

I'd be very interested in hearing people's opinion about this.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

A debate section huh?? That'd be cool indeed but I hope if such a section does get implemented, burst of outrage will be permitted 'cause you never know if there're people who'll post on a debated topic who feel strongly for or against a topic.

Oh oh I know a section dedicated merely for ranting & shouting, that'll eliviate any stress a member may have lol :D

In such a section you could shout your anger or hatred on the world or if you hate another member you could bad mouth him there, but that person must not say anything worse back at them, instead you can use that information to think about why those people hate you so, so you can better yourself.

And Seph I hope you don't think these posts I make stressing that the site should grow beyond just a Rom download hub is a lame "gay" idea 'cause I really feel that the site should really be a place where gamers can hang out with fellow gamers. :)

AND, RomUlation REALLY IS THE BEST games site ever!!! :D :D

4. Seph

NO ranting on other users, but a rant section would be plausible.

As for growing beyond just a ROM site, that's what I want actually. I know that eventually we won't be able to host ROMs anywhere in the world so I'd like to make sure we have a good community that thrives by then.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yeah!! Though the BETA for the Trading section had a rocky start , that concept was good, also once the torrent thingy gets implemented I bet hosting ROMs won't be a pain in the arse anymore. ;)

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

A rant section sounds nice. And we can have a debate section; just cover your ears when the console, format, and Windows vs. Apple wars start. :-X

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

I wouldn't mind a rant section. If we get a debate section though, I want a non-existant raise on my non-existant wages, seeing as how topics in a debate section always require more attention then most sections :p

A World News section doesn't sound half bad either. I wouldn't mind digging up some really obscure article from time to time.

8. Born2killx

And in the case that you do need more moderators to help with increased demand, you know who to call. ::)

9. Seph

Yeah we do, those people who don't keep asking for it. :)

10. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Me :p

11. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

How about a philosophical area to discuss stuff.
    Also i support a debating section and a rant section. More fun i say.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That't be a good section but what if people start debating on issues like morality & religion?? Headbutting may occur but if the admin & moderators will allow it why not?? :)

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Any debates section would be heavily policed by the moderation team as it a prime place for flame wars.

14. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

How about a Sports section added.. :p

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

How about a fun facts section or a "School help" section, there are alot of kid members, maybe we can help each other out. :)

16. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

A genral help section would be cool. Everything from work to relationship problems in the one place.

17. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Life-Style section.. :eek:

18. Born2killx

Awesome. I don't really get what you do in the lifestyle section, though. Do you tell people how you go about your day or something?

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

lifestyle forum isnt happening, nor is a political forum. World events and school help might, as might debates or rants.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

How about adding a cheats & tips archive in game help section?