1. This forum is in read-only mode.

moonshell on acekard

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by v27pig, Mar 21, 2010.

1. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

I have an acekard, put on the firmware, moonshell works fine, but i preferred moonshell2 on the r4sdhc, so i copied that and put ot onto acekard and it wudnt work. so had to go back to older version. is there a moonshell2 for the acekard?

2. Chris2k9

Chris2k9 Active Member

Yes, there is. You probably need to update!

3. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

thanks, im on looking now

4. Chris2k9

Chris2k9 Active Member

No problem!
    Check out this site if you need any help: http://www.ds-xtra.com/MoonShell2
    They have a download for MoonShell v2.10 & instructions on how to install.

Good luck :)

5. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

i got it off filetrip. thanks,
    Post Merge: [time]1269191965[/time]
    ok so i used the download i got, and that didnt work, i used the one that you put up and that didnt work, said something about actual file size and the (something, forgot what it was) file size was different, save and reformat, did that and it didnt work, so im just going to go back to the original one, at least i know that works.

6. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Here is my version of Moonshell 2.01

It worked on my R4 and now I use it on my Acekard 2i.

The reason your version did not work is because you
    probably are missing a few files of moonshell

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P53H39G4

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gyizignc5ky/Moonshell 2.rar

Just copy everything to the root of your Micro SD and it will work.

7. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

copied eveything to sd card, and it still won't work. when i open the moonshell file theres 3 moonshells to choose from (one being the language select tool) if i select the first it says "loading moonshl2/reload.dat. please start moonshl/directboot.nds when stopped on this screen"

if i select the second moonshell then i get the message "as a result if the ARM9 memory check the error was detected, theres a loss in the main body of the ARM9"

is there something im doing wrong or is there something i need to do?

8. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

It seems that you do everything allright , I think your firmwire
    is fooling us and giving problems

If you use AKIO reformat your SD card and reinstall AKIO other firmwire
    (I forgot which flashcard you use make sure it is not a clone the tend to have a lot of problems)

then copy the files from my previous link back in the root and see if moonshell works

(can you make a picture of your flashcard and upload it on mediafire or megaupload and
    then I can see if is is a fake (there are good fake clones )

normally everything should work but I'll look further in to it I like a challenge
    so this can and will be solved it can only takes a bit of time and penitence

9. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

unfortunatly i can't get any pics up on the computer. the card has on the front acekard 2 underneath it says ver 2.1, under that - the real ultimate experience in your hand. followed by the web address. i read on another site that some people were having the same problem as me and they were told that its somethign to do with the disk check and having to disable that. (tried that and no joy) but at least the old moonshell works, im just annoyed at myself because i can't get moonshell2 to work, and its bugging me because it works for others (im like a dog with a bone, i won't give in)

(its held together with clips along the side, seen it in another forum topic re. glued or clipped)

10. ShinigamiTensei

ShinigamiTensei New Member

I have expierienced this myself. You have to Format your SD card.

1. Copy everything that you want to keep off your SD card.
    2. Paste it onto your computer in a folder you can easily access. At this point, one or more files may have an error pasting. These files are CORRUPTED and are the source of your problem. Go back to step 1 and copy all the files EXCEPT for the files that had errors. Then, paste the copied files into a folder you can easily access, leaving the corrupted files on the card.
    3. Format the SD card.
    4. Put everything back on the card EXCEPT for the aio__ , akmenu4.nds , and the moonshell2.0
    5. Re-download the three files you left out on Step 4 and place them on the card.
    6. Try it then.

I've had to do this TWICE because a save file becomes corrupted on the card.

11. kaywivane

kaywivane Member

Yes, I have been meaning to ask: What is Moonshell and does it do anything in particular? It confuses me and it don't take a lot these days. ;)

12. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Moonshell is a media software to play mp and play dpg files and to see pics.

13. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

ive formatted my card like 3/4 times, ive just copied all my files to the computer, there were no pasting errors, i downloaded the firmware from acekard, and the akiao from filetrip and moonshell from the link Fire_Ice put up. i will try again but i think that my computer is having a fit with all these downloads, lol
    Post Merge: [time]1269462728[/time]
    IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS. i was a bit doubtful that a 5th format would work but it does thanks guys, thank you ShinigamiTensei, and Fire_Ice for you upload. WHOOHOO. now i totally love my acekard.

ok new twist guys, moonshell 2 works, but now bookworm and bejeweled dont, so i think i may have to have a look again, ::) lol
    ok final update i used ShinigamiTensei's format, but put my own _aio back on (i think its an older version, not the newest update, and Fire_ice's upload for moonshell. and both moonshell work and the games that were working beforehand but then stopped. so now i am back to being happy again and ive learnt a lesson...if its not broke dont try to renew it. thanks guys ;D

14. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Your welcome Although I would like to say one thing

I saw in your last post that you've downloaded AKIO
    and acekard firmwire.

The thing is DO NOT put them both on your SD card with both firmwires on the card it can cause errors.

Use only AKIO or only Acekard firmwire maybe this will solve the problems of the games not working.

15. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

oh rite, i thought that you had to have both of them on i thought that akio was like ysmenu, then i shall remove one, thanks.

what can i say...rookie mistake but lesson learnt.

16. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

No problem by asking and doing we learn from
    eachother.

AKIO is the The best unofficial firmware for AK2, Ak2i, Ak rpg both.

17. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

im loving it totally now, and ive even managed to get my hubby (who is not a gamer or has anything to do with games, (or has any idea what i talk about, or knows how to start up the ds and play) ) hes starting to show some interest because i have a film on it that he wants to watch. ;D