1. This forum is in read-only mode.

monster rancher2 shrine disk change

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by slaaneshlord12, May 20, 2011.

1. slaaneshlord12

slaaneshlord12 New Member

im trying to spawn new creatures from the shrine but when i go to put a disk in it always says its the monster rancher 2 disk. help please. im using epsxe 1.7.0

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Can you give some details on the feature in this game? Do you have to switch to non-game discs to get new monsters?

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

In Monster Rancher 1 & 2 on the PSOne, you can spawn monsters to train by going into the Shrine. In this shrine you can choose to "awaken" a monster from a tablet (save data from another Monster Rancher game. Say you're playing Monster Rancher 2 but also have save data on Monster Rancher 1 you can then awaken a monster from your Monster Rancher 1 save data file) or a Disc Stone (CD). A Disc stone monster is awakened by first removing the Monster Rancher game disc from your PSOne console when the shrine Priestess prompts you to swap the game disc to any other CD you might want to use. By a CD, this means anything from another PSOne game disc or an Audio CD. The game then does its magic & a new monster is born, though I do not know how the process works though except that certain game discs will spawn special rare monster, for example if you awaken a monster using any of the two "Metal Gear Solid" game discs you'd get a Gaboo that is wearing Snake's uniform.

A complete list of rare monsters is here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197977-monster-rancher-2/faqs

Another PSOne game used this unique system as well called Dragonseeds:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197158-dragonseeds/images

EDIT:

Oops, I forgot, in Dragonseeds you only used Save game data, not CDs, but still kinda the same.

If you're playing the game on an emulator I'm guessing the disc stone awakening system might not be properly emulated seeing you'd need to load ISO Images of game discs for the system to function ???

EDIT:

Hey that's a cool workaround v3 :)

4. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

You need to specify if you're using actual CDs or just ISOs, but either way, you need to do the following.

1. When the Shrine asks you to insert a new disk, press ESC to bring the menu back
    [​IMG]
    This menu, to be exact

2. Next, select File > Change Disk > then select CDROM if you're using a real CD, or select ISO if you're using ISOs
    [​IMG]

3. After the process of reading the disk is done, repeat the 2 steps above for re-inserting the Monster Rancher 2 game.

That should solve your issues and let you make your monsters.