1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Monster Rancher....Anyone heard of it?

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by kamage, Apr 3, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Well, it's basically... a really weird anime, but the games are good, " really enjoy the games, but this Anime wasn't too widely known, I'm just asking, does anyone know it? and does anyone play the Mosnter Rancher games?

For GBA, PSX and PS2, I think those are the only consoles with the Monster Rancher game series...

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

do you mean Monster Hunter?

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

No I'm pretty sure it's monster rancher, with those monsters like Suezzo, or mocchi

4. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Yes i heard of that game before i play it on PS1 if you want to get a new monster you have to insert a disc or whatever. And i even see the anime is quite good really

5. I've only seen the tv show....but I havent seen that in years...

6. Sprite

Sprite Well-Known Member

I love the games, they're pretty much my favourite ones ever. But I think the anime was a bit poo, but that's probably because it had lots of Suezo and Mocchi and those are my least favourite monsters.

7. flashx_454

flashx_454 Well-Known Member

yes back in the mid 90s it was a cartoon on fox kids Saturday mornings i watched it and it was ok but it didn't last long ;D
    the following is from Wikipedia

8. jake_crt_05

jake_crt_05 New Member

I Played that game a long time ago I only that i hate about the game was when my monster is getting stronger it dies

9. ryjael32

ryjael32 Member

hey, it's arno!!!!

by te way,yeah..but isn't a monster supposed to looked like one, well mocchi looks more like an apetizer to me.. i want him as a ball..

10. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Well the design of mocchi come from a certain food in the first place so it alright to think it as a appetizer

11. zidane2

zidane2 New Member

I saw that cartoon years ago and i dont even remember how did it start or ended.
    But thanks for reminding ill watch it on youtubue.

12. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I remember putting a lot of time into trying to do everything in the first two games, but didn't play any of the ones after those. I even started playing the second one again last year just to see what I could get with the CDs and games I had gotten since I last played, but when I realized that that meant like 80 music CDs and several PSX games I gave up.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Did you guys know that certain PSOne discs will give you "unique" monsters? Scan "Metalgear solid", either disc is fine, & you'll get a gaboo that looks kinda like Snake. Scan A-train & you'll get a train inspired Color Pandora.

I didn't enjoy the Anime that much though, because when they aired it here in the Philippines it was airing alongside Pokemon's first season

14. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

I remember the anime but I was aired a long time ago so I don't remember the rest of the story